Argentina F1 fans

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Ashley

Argentina F1 fans

Are there any F1 fans from Argentina out there???

Caito

Re: Argentina F1 fans

Yes! There's me, Belatti. And if I'm not wrong there was another user as well.

Welcome!
Come back 747, we miss you!!

Ashley

Hi man,

I'm from the island of Mauritius.
I'm a great motorsport fan but unfortunately there is no motorsport culture in my country.
I'm planning to come to Argentina (Maybe Bueno Aires, I haven't decided yet)
Just wanted to ask for some advice to live in your country (Maybe some help about where to look for cheap lodging)
And also: HOW IS MOTORSPORT IN YOUR COUNTRY???

Caito

Lodging: define cheap.

Motorsport is the second sport next to football.

The two biggest series are TC and TC2000.

The first one is old cars(which are not old anymore, since there's nothing original in the cars) which race inline 6, 350 hp. Rear traction. In Quali you can have 30+ cars in one second. There's not much technology wise, still, it's the most popular in Argentina and the oldest series in the world(yes, the oldest one)

Then you have TC2000, which is the local BTCC. To reduce costs they all race homologated engines and transxles, again 300+ hp, FWD. Manufacturers involved: Toyota, ford, chevrolet, renault, honda(I think not anymore, though) and Fiat. There's more involvement and technology, but there are still low technology series.

None have Abs, nor tc.

There are lots of small series for amateurs. From cheap to really expensive.

Formula-wise, there's not much really. Formula Renault. 1.6 140hp (I guess) young drivers and that's the best formula. After that you have to move to tc or tc2000.

I forgot about TN(national tourism) which has clase 2 and clase 3. One of the most interesting series. FWD cars like vw gol,seat leon, chevrolet astra, citroen c4, etc. No downforce, really interesting.

I'll call Belatti to the thread. He has working experience in motorsports, which I believe is what you are aiming to.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

Belatti

Ashley, check this thread

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4477&hilit=argentine

With 10 USD a day you can find any decent hostel in BA.

I dont understand if you are coming for a holiday or you plan to stay and work. Finding work in motorsports is hard, even for an Engieer... unless you plan to be a mechanic. And you have to be something between skillfull and versatile to last inside a big team...

Regarding Formulas, all of they are small, but there is:
1. Formula Renault Nacional 2.0: chasis TITO engine Renault 2 litres, 150HP, the most expensive FR with 30 cars a race, follows TC2000 calendar.
2. Formula Renault Metropolitan: 1.6 Renault engines 125HP, Chasis Crespi, follows TC Mouras (thats the 3rd level inside TC) calendar and all happens inside BA province, with 20 cars per race.
3. Formula Renault Plus (similar rules than 2 but follows TN calendar all arround the contry) and has arround 25 to 30 cars grids.
4. Formula 4: chasis crespi, Renault or VW engines and races mostly in BA city racetrack. Is the cheaper of the 4 and I have seen 40 car grids...
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Ashley

Hi guys,

Thank you both for all the info.

Belatti,
In fact i plan to stay and work in Argentina, cause i really love your country.
That's why i'm gathering some info. I do not plan to work in motorsport, but would like to have a drive. I'm in fact working in the construction industry (i'm a quantity surveyor).
I really like the culture of your country and i'm very happy to hear that motorsport has got so much importance in your country.
I'm looking forward to come as soon as possible.

P.S.
Where do you live guys???