Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
ncassi22
ncassi22

Re: Honda Power Unit

They could move the compressor slightly forward while reprofiling the the runners to drop the airbox lower over the mguh.... Alternatively a Ferrari style setup with the pancake mguh between turbine and compressor. If that's even allowed or feasible. Then run a thinner long air-water cooler in the v? Just thinking out loud.

Pany
Pany

The Renault architecture is the best. Im sure.

godlameroso

Pany wrote:The Renault architecture is the best. Im sure.
2017? Explain.
Saishū kōnā

Webber2011
Webber2011

Pierce89 wrote:
Webber2011 wrote:
Pierce89 wrote: Dude, assuming Wazari is legit, he is not allowed to describe the combustion in any details much further than suck,squeeze,bang,blow. This is an incredibly sensitive and competitive tech sector. So it's really not even fair to ask him a question like yours.
Why do some of you here keep questioning Wazari's legitimacy ?
I've spoken to him many times in pm's and even emails, and I find the guy nothing but totally sincere.

This is a serious question I feel I need to ask.
It has nothing to do with questioning Wazari. You literally highlighted the only part of the post that doesn't matter.

As an aside, I find it quite strange and a little alarming that you seemingly don't understand the concept of never fully trusting some random internet stranger without meeting or knowing them in person. I'm about 75% sure Wazari is legit, but I'm still blown away at your post.
It has everything to do with questioning Wazari, that's why I asked in the first place mate.
I see quite a bit of it here, and there's absolutely no reason apart from your paranoia, to precede your post with "Dude, assuming Wazari is legit" !
He actually stopped posting for a while due to all the negativity and doubt regarding his legitimacy.
I thought this Forum would be above driving well informed Members away, if anything they should be embraced.

I have a group of over 30 friends who all met in an online Forum I helped create, and now we attend the Aus GP every year, so I do have some experience in weeding out the impostors.

Anyhow, I asked, You answered, life goes on :wink:
Last edited by Webber2011 on 07 Jan 2017, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.

diffuser

As far as I am concerned...Wazari is polite, respectful, intelligent, articulate and seems to know what he's talking about. Just with those things alone this forum is better with him. His legitimacy is just a bonus!

Andres125sx

godlameroso wrote:By the end of last year they were on the cusp of being 4th fastest, and were depending on the type of track. I expect them to consolidate 4th at the very least
Your reasoning does imply same order than past season.... did you notice there´s a HUGE rule change? :P

Seriously, making predictions about next season is between bold and ridiculous, we all like to think we can predict future, but reality is nobody has the slightest idea of what will be next season order. And that´s exciting!! So please, stop trying to ruin that uncertainty :mrgreen:

Pierce89

@Webber2011
We've had plenty of fake f1 employees around before. I believe Wazari is most likely exactly who he says he is, but until I KNOW FOR A FACT, I will be careful about it. The funny thing is, this conversation started with a post where I was telling another member to respect the sensitivity of his position.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

Pany wrote:The Renault architecture is the best. Im sure.
So... the completely traditional positioning with no seperation at all between the turbine heat and the compressor, that's where all the advantages are,huh?
For some reason, I doubt it.

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

FrukostScones

Omnicorse / motorsport it

on Honda PU set-up

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

FW17

Mini Intercooler :lol:

noname
noname

Pierce89 wrote:So... the completely traditional positioning with no seperation at all between the turbine heat and the compressor, that's where all the advantages are,huh?
Water cooling does very good the job here. Standard feature in turbochargers for gasoline engines.
And one should not forget engine block is not that cold. Engine compartment is anything but chilly place.

GoranF1
GoranF1

FrukostScones wrote:Omnicorse / motorsport it

on Honda PU set-up

Mercedes style TC
Multi-Jet TJI

But this is from Italy...so.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

jure
jure

on Honda PU set-up

Interesting, the article says that Honda is cooperating with AVL. I wonder if AVL is actually allowed to transfer engineers who were working with Ferrari to the Honda project. This could benefit Honda quite alot.

Pierce89

jure wrote:

on Honda PU set-up

Interesting, the article says that Honda is cooperating with AVL. I wonder if AVL is actually allowed to transfer engineers who were working with Ferrari to the Honda project. This could benefit Honda quite alot.
The only thing preventing it would be contracts or IP ownership. No f1 rules to prevent it though.

Joseki
Joseki

Why do people keep posting articles from Nugnes, he always write fake news.