Button's Left Hand?

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Huggy
Huggy

Button's Left Hand?

What was JB controling with his left hand during qualifing today?

Vid of his lap:-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 065256.stm

Sorry if this is the worse newbi question ever!

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Re: Button's Left Hand?

Available to UK users only. That's lame.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Scotracer
Scotracer

Brake balance is sometimes put down in the cockpit.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

fenix4life
fenix4life

It's the break balance.
I've already noticed this during Grand Prix in Barcelona. BBC told hen that ha was changing the break balance.

The shot they used was is a fast curve.
Just before he changed it and just after it

Powerslide

Maybe Barichello control it with his right hand? Button is left handed.

8)
speed

sdimm

Powerslide wrote:Maybe Barichello control it with his right hand? Button is left handed.

8)
Barichello still use right foot to brake right? If he does it´s probably on the right side for him.
// Mattias

--------------------------

Scotracer
Scotracer

sdimm wrote:
Powerslide wrote:Maybe Barichello control it with his right hand? Button is left handed.

8)
Barichello still use right foot to brake right? If he does it´s probably on the right side for him.
I very much doubt Barrichello right-foot brakes. There's not enough room in the modern cars to do that. I know he used to but I seriously don't see it.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

Roland Ehnström

Rubens finally started braking with his left foot a few years ago. Michael showed him it was faster.

Giblet
Giblet

At this moment, Button's left hand is the most complete left hand in the whole field of drivers.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Scuderia_Russ

Giblet wrote:At this moment, Button's left hand is the most complete left hand in the whole field of drivers.
One of the smoothest hands out there too...

Due to the nature of a bias bar set up, there probably isn't the room around the pedals to have the cable running from the brake pushrods, and behind the throttle (for Rubens to have it on the right hand side) I might be wrong though because we have that set up on our 2001 Dallara F3 car and the throttle pedal is curved so the bias cable can run behind it. Can't see Brawn running two different set ups though.
Our bias adjuster is the green knob on the right underneath the extinguisher button.

"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-