Blown Defuser/Blown Exhaust Systems

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
philgarraway
philgarraway

Blown Defuser/Blown Exhaust Systems

I'm am currently on a project to do with something called Formula Student which is run by IMechE for all University Engineering student to build and race there own racing car.

For part of one of the Concepts for this years car we came up with the idea of a Blown defuser/blown exhaust system, however as this is a relativity new there is very little information about them.

Can anyone please give information??

If using outside information please source.
Proverbs 3:5-6

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: Blown Defuser/Blown Exhaust Systems

Welcome to F1T.

But before you came in here asking for info did you even attempt a search for what you're looking for? And if you did, were the right spellings used?

Defuser = Diffuser

This forum has plenty of info on the EBD so take a moment to find it if you really want it. Most of our members are more than willing to help out but at least do your part and take the first steps instead of demanding info right off the bat.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

marcush.
marcush.

tbh what is your idea there ?
would you think anybody would applaud your efforts to copy f1 latest developments?
I´d say back to step one and ask yourself what should be your goal...

maybe a bit too blunt from my side...sorry.

Tim.Wright

My feeling in this case (because its a complicated part), if you don't know anything about it, then leave it off the car.

Also, your design process is backwards. You should start with a problem and form a solution. Here you got the solution (exhaust blown diffusor) but no problem. The design judges will likely (attempt to) kill you for this.

And another thing. The blown diffusor is not new. Not even in FSAE/Student. I remember a NZ FSAE team had exhaust outlets fed into their diffusor in about 2005.

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

marcush.
marcush.

maybe I´m a bit naive..but not much in formula student/SAE in common with f1(open 4 wheeler)...but much more degree of freedom in the regs.
You could make your life even harder and look for ideas in supertouring or truck racing as well...?
again provocative but as tim put it you need to define your goals first and then start to develop and look how you can achieve the set targets .I would not even call this problems.

mep

Formula student is what F1 should be, a playground for engineers.
Degree of freedom in the regulations is a very nice thing.

marcush.
marcush.

mep wrote:Formula student is what F1 should be, a playground for engineers.
Degree of freedom in the regulations is a very nice thing.
maybe i should have put it this way ..it sounds easier to digest that ways...so no reason to borrow loophole inspired solutions from a tightly regulated environment.

xpensive
xpensive

@ marcush: I think our original poster has been somewhat misunderstood. He's refering to a "Blown De-fuser", meaning a broken device for the de-fusing of different situations, not an a "Diffuser" in the aerodynamic sense. Big difference that.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

marcush.
marcush.

:mrgreen:
as you know my spelling leaves a lot wanting ...so I´m not going to comment on others
potential shortcomings ....and work on my own.