Crazy race incident by Mucke in GT1

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Steven
Owner

Crazy race incident by Mucke in GT1

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zv_j84t0Bw[/youtube]

I'm not sure what this guy was up to, but I really can't consider that racing at all...

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Crazy race incident by Mucke in GT1

Wow, that certainly looks like a bit of afters from the Mucke driver.
I would give the guy a race ban, maybe more.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Belatti
Belatti

Revenge days of thunders style! :lol:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Technically, Number 8 is what is called a hotheaded moron!

The eejit ruined his own race and looked like he came of worst from his childish revenge.
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:I would give the guy a race ban, maybe more.
In the words of Billy Connolly: "Hangings too good for you, it's a good kick yer are ye need!". How true!

marcush.
marcush.

reminds me of Gerrhard Berger driving through a TWR XJS in Brno on purpose when they again tried to get in his way on a qualy attempt ..as he wrote in his book..
those were times when onboard footage was are rare thing...the red mist can blurr view quite a bit

Pandamasque

I'm sure that wasn't deliberate. Look at the onboard. he was clearly focused on delivering a message through the side window, while driving a damaged car at speed, one-handed. Extremely stupid is what that really was, and I'm sure Mucke realized it the very moment he went nose first into the wall.

The consequences, apart from the damaged cars and reputation, are 10 place grid drop next round, and a very high possibility of license withdrawal (no idea when the decision is due). I wonder if AMR are already looking for replacement for Le Mans 24h.

Fil

Outside/Front-on footage appears to show him turn into the black car.. but the inside footage doesn't show any such steering movement?

I tend to agree with the Panda. The car seemed to have stepped out on him mid-straight, and with Mucke driving one-handed whilst playing charades, he had no chance of catching it.

Obviously he's still at fault for creating such a dangerous situation, but it sure doesn't seem like he intended to cause a collision.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

alelanza
alelanza

Well at high speeds you just need the slightest input in order to turn the car into someone else
Alejandro L.

Saribro
Saribro

So instead of a malicious, irresponsible idiot he's just a regular, irresponsible idiot? Not much distinction to be found there...

Tom

It wasn't clever either way but it does look like he didn't aim to make real contact with the Nissan. I pity the poor guy who has to vacum all the grass off the bent engine back at the factory.
Last edited by Tom on 08 Jun 2011, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Pandamasque

Saribro wrote:So instead of a malicious, irresponsible idiot he's just a regular, irresponsible idiot? Not much distinction to be found there...
Well, yes :)

Carbon Dev Racing
Carbon Dev Racing

...Is this dude for serious, I wouldnt worry about the ban I am fairly sure the team and sponsors wont be liking his clear rage... what a douche!