DTM'08 silhouettes rear suspension

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Rennsport_helgi
Rennsport_helgi

DTM'08 silhouettes rear suspension

Hallo! I've read this forum for a long time and now get some questions to discuss. I hope you'll provide some useful information.

I'm fond of various silhouette and sportscar racing, so I'd like to know "how it works".

As for front suspension - there're plenty of photos with a usual A-arms. But there's almost nothing about rear. And everyone knows that Mercedes C-Klasse DTM is working with tyres very carefully. Audi R14 has too sophisticated underbody aerodynamics so its rear suspension is rather simple.
I know, Mercs have multilink arms and Audis have A-arms (I'll try to draw it with "Rhino 3D"). But there's no precise information.

Could anybody help with this question?
Thanks a lot!

Rennsport_helgi
Rennsport_helgi

Re: DTM'08 silhouettes rear suspension

Ok. Here we are. Some free time from my torment with efforts to find vortex at the edge of diffuser side wall.
A sketch of a DTM car suspension. A-arms, pushrods,rockers,dampers.
So, I think it's a common type of layout. Or do Mercs have real multilink rear suspension? Or everything goes only to geometry and kinematics of that standard A-arms with toe-link strut?

Rennsport_helgi
Rennsport_helgi

Re: DTM'08 silhouettes rear suspension

Thanks a lot! I think they are not going to tell a lot before new cars come. I'm sure I saw some detailed footage during ARD streaming of qualifying at some round of 2008 or 2009 season. Unfortunately, I can't remember when it was, but Manuel Reuter in his "Technik Ecke" described the layout of transmission and there were some shots of rear suspension.