Has anyone done any CFD on the Saker sports car

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
proutyc

Has anyone done any CFD on the Saker sports car

I was hoping someone may have completed some cfd on the Saker cars. I have a one off car running the Saker body and have ground effect tunnels on it and was wonderng how well the air follow over the rear of the car

Many thanks

Pierce89

Re: Has anyone done any CFD on the Saker spors car

proutyc wrote:I was hoping someone may have completed some cfd on the Saker cars. I have a one off car running the Saker body and have ground effect tunnels on it and was wonderng how well the air follow over the rear of the car

Many thanks
If you have a CAD model there are people here that can run CFD on it for you.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

proutyc

Re: Has anyone done any CFD on the Saker sports car

Many thanks. I've asked the designer (Bruce turnbull) if he know of anyone.

pccourt

Re: Has anyone done any CFD on the Saker sports car

Hi

Just found this question now, not sure if Bruce Turnbull has already replied? We have a computer model of the Saker body and done CFD analysis on this as well. We have been working with Bruce on an electric version of the Saker...

Please let me know if you need more info.

Regards
Philip