MotoGP Pole laps

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
JimClarkFan

MotoGP Pole laps

Where can I find on board camera of moto GP pole laps...does such a thing even exist

mx_tifoso

Re: MotoGP Pole laps

It looks like there's nothing like this on youtube, so perhaps on the official MotoGP site you might find some.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Red Schneider

I don't know if this will please you, but I found it neat. It looks like he doesn't use the clutch to upshift.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGsTcmLG ... re=related[/youtube]

mzivtins

Red Schneider wrote:I don't know if this will please you, but I found it neat. It looks like he doesn't use the clutch to upshift.
You'll find this on most road sports bike riders. There is simply no need, once the rpm is very high, you simply load the gear selector with your foot (road bike push up, race bike push down) then when you come off the power ever so slightly for a fraction of the second the next gear will just slip in. This is the only real way to maintain a wheelie whilst going through the gears.

It does also work for downshifts, its a lot less naturally feeling though and you can find a lot of false neutrals between gears doing this :lol: