Formula E

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
TzeiTzei
TzeiTzei

Re: Formula E

http://current-e.com/chatter/eight-manu ... -for-2015/

So, next year it wont be a spec car anymore but there will be different power train suppliers. I like that.

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

One error in vid 3. Scarbs says the gearbox 'multiplies the power of the motor'. Should be 'multiplies the torque of the motor'. Power is constant.

mrluke
mrluke

tok-tokkie wrote:
One error in vid 3. Scarbs says the gearbox 'multiplies the power of the motor'. Should be 'multiplies the torque of the motor'. Power is constant.
Isn't it the same as this?

Andres125sx

Jean Eric Vergne, first FE race, first pole

SiLo

I did not know their pitstops consist of literally changing cars.

I really hope the battery technology takes off from here though, this is great stuff.
Felipe Baby!

RicME85

Ive enjoyed the first three races.

The changing cars is a bit lame but until the battery tech improves what else can you do?

Bruno Senna clearly likes the changing of cars after his incident with the wall just before his pitstop :lol:

nacho
nacho

I am suprised by Nico Prost, he's much quicker than I ever thought.

diffuser

Can't believe JEV doesn't have a drive in F1 in 2015.

WaikeCU

RicME85 wrote:Ive enjoyed the first three races.

The changing cars is a bit lame but until the battery tech improves what else can you do?

Bruno Senna clearly likes the changing of cars after his incident with the wall just before his pitstop :lol:
Must be so expensive logistic wise: 2 cars for each driver. They would save so much money if they didn't have to change cars.

RicME85

WaikeCU wrote:

Must be so expensive logistic wise: 2 cars for each driver. They would save so much money if they didn't have to change cars.
Very true although they dont ship hundreds of tires like other formula, nor support equipment etc

mzso
mzso

Swap battery packs?

aleks_ader

mzso wrote:

Swap battery packs?
It was aldready discused here. Its just 50 pages, you colud eassly "search" and read it. :wink:
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

mzso
mzso

aleks_ader wrote:
mzso wrote:

Swap battery packs?
It was aldready discused here. Its just 50 pages, you colud eassly "search" and read it. :wink:
He asked a question. I answered.
Why would I want to search?

aleks_ader

mzso wrote:
aleks_ader wrote:
mzso wrote:It was aldready discused here. Its just 50 pages, you colud eassly "search" and read it. :wink:
He asked a question. I answered.
Why would I want to search?
Ohh i see. I thought that you answered with question.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

autogyro
autogyro

Swapping battery packs was in my original paper to the FIA in 2010 that the formula is based on.
Drayson is developing an induction pad for paddock re-charging.
I do not see the point of this as it cannot meet the needs of an instant change in a pit stop.
I did ask Monaco to consider burying induction coils under the circuit to allow the cars to run with no batteries.

I dont think the oil companies liked my ideas for this.
To close to Tesla technology?