End of the road for F2.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
CHT
CHT

End of the road for F2.

As the FIA intended, F2 has always provided outstanding value and equality for its competitors. However, it has become progressively clear that the single operating team concept that enables these benefits has compromises that have, overall, reduced its appeal to drivers. We and the FIA are in agreement that any future F2 should operate on a more conventional, multi team basis.
http://en.espnf1.com/fia/motorsport/story/97104.html

WhiteBlue

Re: End of the road for F2.

I understand that they will re create it for 2014 with another kind of car. F2 was cost effective but it did not get the television GP2 got.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

CHT
CHT

WhiteBlue wrote:I understand that they will re create it for 2014 with another kind of car. F2 was cost effective but it did not get the television GP2 got.
whats more disappointing is that no F2 drivers have actually been promoted to F1 or given a test driver role. Perhaps the lack of financial backing from sponsors could be the issue.

fritticaldi

Sadly I will remember the series mostly for taking the life of Henry Surtees. The young Englishman victim of a freak accident .