MotoGP 2013

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Re: MotoGP 2013

I have been reminiscing tonight on the spectacular qualifying this year at silverstone

Marquez sliding
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZMA2whMuMo[/youtube]

every single rider is sliding around what I presume is copse
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXDrixRzyAc[/youtube]

SectorOne

The coolest shot of the year was probably Lorenzo while in a high speed corner, looks right into the camera.
I think it was Phillip Island.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

eniacon

With regard to the testing this week at Valencia. Honda, Yamaha & Ducati factory teams ran the the 2013 & 2014 prototypes, the 2014 prototypes in black livery to try and prevent any photographers from getting good shots of the aero tweaks. The Aspar team ran the 2014 Honda production bike in black with Nicky Hayden and Hiroshi Aoyama onboard, Nicky looked so much more comfortable on it than the Ducati he rode over the weekend.

Cal looked to be wrestling with the new bike, the front end is so different from the Yamaha, have to say I was hugely impressed with Bradley Smith and Pol Espagaro on the Tech 3 bikes. PBM also ran their 2014 bike during testing, Michael Laverty reporting much better acceleration from it.

With regard to the MotoGP video pass, its so worth the money..!

Shrieker

JimClarkFan wrote:I have been reminiscing tonight on the spectacular qualifying this year at silverstone

Marquez sliding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZMA2whMuMo
On the white line and well onto the curb during entry never mind !

Note the exhaust and the tail section moving about acting as a mass damper to make the rear end stable 8)
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

SectorOne wrote:The coolest shot of the year was probably Lorenzo while in a high speed corner, looks right into the camera.
You got that anywhere lol?
eniacon wrote:With regard to the testing this week at Valencia. Honda, Yamaha & Ducati factory teams ran the the 2013 & 2014 prototypes, the 2014 prototypes in black livery to try and prevent any photographers from getting good shots of the aero tweaks. The Aspar team ran the 2014 Honda production bike in black with Nicky Hayden and Hiroshi Aoyama onboard, Nicky looked so much more comfortable on it than the Ducati he rode over the weekend.

Cal looked to be wrestling with the new bike, the front end is so different from the Yamaha, have to say I was hugely impressed with Bradley Smith and Pol Espagaro on the Tech 3 bikes. PBM also ran their 2014 bike during testing, Michael Laverty reporting much better acceleration from it.

Thanks some very good info there. I hope Bradley Smith is a good enough match for Pol. Pol is a very fast rider.
Shrieker wrote:
On the white line and well onto the curb during entry never mind !

Note the exhaust and the tail section moving about acting as a mass damper to make the rear end stable 8)
Yeh pretty amazing, if I can, I think I will go to Silverstone next year for the bikes. Should be awesome.

SectorOne

JimClarkFan wrote:
SectorOne wrote:The coolest shot of the year was probably Lorenzo while in a high speed corner, looks right into the camera.
You got that anywhere lol?
I checked youtube but found nothing, it was a strange feeling because it felt like he was watching you sort of.
Then he blinked and focused on the track ahead. It must have been a split second but the slow mo camera is fantastic.
I´ll see if i can dig it up.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

eniacon

JimClarkFan wrote:
eniacon wrote:With regard to the testing this week at Valencia. Honda, Yamaha & Ducati factory teams ran the the 2013 & 2014 prototypes, the 2014 prototypes in black livery to try and prevent any photographers from getting good shots of the aero tweaks. The Aspar team ran the 2014 Honda production bike in black with Nicky Hayden and Hiroshi Aoyama onboard, Nicky looked so much more comfortable on it than the Ducati he rode over the weekend.

Thanks some very good info there. I hope Bradley Smith is a good enough match for Pol. Pol is a very fast rider.
No problem, I think Bradley is quite underrated at Tech 3, especially if you consider that he'd been riding the 2011 spec M1 all season alongside Cal with the 2013 bike. From what I hear though, Pol will be getting all the new developments next season ahead of Brad. Pol has a Yamaha contract, whereas Brad has a Tech 3 contract so that kinda sucks for him, so don't be surprised to see Pol ahead after a couple of races.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

eniacon wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:

No problem, I think Bradley is quite underrated at Tech 3, especially if you consider that he'd been riding the 2011 spec M1 all season alongside Cal with the 2013 bike. From what I hear though, Pol will be getting all the new developments next season ahead of Brad. Pol has a Yamaha contract, whereas Brad has a Tech 3 contract so that kinda sucks for him, so don't be surprised to see Pol ahead after a couple of races.
Again good info.

I only just found that out that Brad was getting the older equipment last week - like I said then, it bumped him up a notch in my estimations, I didn't know he was driving sub par machinery. Bit crap about him already being effectively a second driver at Tech 3 again, hopefully he can bring the fight to Paul this season. I like Brad.

Huntresa
Huntresa

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Thanks for the info about Brad, I thought that he was on a 2013 spec bike - good effort for a rookie season really.

Shrieker

SectorOne wrote: I checked youtube but found nothing, it was a strange feeling because it felt like he was watching you sort of.
Then he blinked and focused on the track ahead. It must have been a split second but the slow mo camera is fantastic.
I remember seeing it, now that you've mentioned ! It was as if he was looking through you rather than towards you. Was an awkward feeling, I went like "what the ?!?" 8-[
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

ChrisF1 wrote:Thanks for the info about Brad, I thought that he was on a 2013 spec bike - good effort for a rookie season really.
I like Brad a whole lot more after finding that info out, and he never moaned or mentioned it once.

NathanOlder

Pretty sure it was Motegi, through turn 1 & 2. May be wrong though. Anyone find the video of it ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sombrero
Sombrero

SectorOne

Yea that´s the track. I confused myself by saying Phillip Island and looked through pictures and realized he never ran with a clear visor.

It´s a different shot to the one in the video though, i think as Nathan said, it´s T1-T2.