GP2 chaos at Monaco

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Steven
Owner

GP2 chaos at Monaco

Here's a little something that happened at Monaco today in the GP2 race.
Interesting how one guy's error can cause such a chaos at St. Devote.

Wonder what can happen during the F1 race... :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfRRlg8vgRc[/youtube]

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

Re: GP2 chaos at Monaco

That Cecotto is a loose cannon! Mitch Evans was lucky to get through the Apex just before his teammate went straight on
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Websta

Ah GP2, you never fail to disappoint in Monaco.

I don't really understand the race ban for Ceccotto. Sure he missed his breaking point which is a big no-no, but because it is St. Devote, he and the other divers just have absolutely no where else to go. He certainly isn't the first to misjudge a breaking point in Monaco. It wasn't a dirty tactic or anything

Or has he been involved in other incidents this season already? Edit: oh right, he was the guy causing mayhem in Barcelona

marcush.
marcush.

it´s St.Devote .....but why not straight into the safety exit but hitting the guy in front instead? It´s quite funny to see how they all hit the non existing bumper of the guy in front..ludicrous..

Bomber_Pilot

To be fair, there were two different incidents there and it wasn't just Cecottos fault for that pileup. It was funny thoug watching the mashalls trying to jump start several cars :)

lizardfolk

Cecotto's penalty was more due to the fact that he has a lot of major incidents and the Monaco incident was another clear misjudgment. Purposefully running off Sam bird in Malaysia, swearving into Canamasas (and resulting in Haryanto's retirement) in Spain... And now an overly aggressive t1. Bout time he gets a ban tbh

stefan_
stefan_

I am still hoping for a permanent race ban for Checotto for all the dumb things he is doing almost every race.

I didn't know you can start a GP2 car by pushing it, was nice to see those marshalls being blown out by the exhaust when Binder (I think it was him) started his car like that.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985