MotoGP 2014

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Re: MotoGP 2014

Pierce89 wrote:
Shrieker wrote:I honestly think Rossi's contract extension is a waste of a good seat. He's been far from his former self maybe except for a couple of occasions at best. There are very talented riders waiting in the wings who could eek out better results and more consistently. His rides have been mediocre more often than not.

He's been brought back to Yamaha for the 'show value', but people know he's legend in only name, and not by his riding anymore. In some ways, his post 2010 performances after his leg was messed up was reminiscent of Schumacher's return performances. Which is sad in some ways, but i guess he's not complaining doing what he loves and making good money for a couple more years. I would be hugely surprised to see him mount a title challenge ever again, let alone win one.
At the moment, Marquez is the only rider clearly riding better than Rossi, the only rider I can see outperforming Rossi on the Yamashit is one of the 2 Espargaros.
I'm on board with this, I think the Espargaros brothers are the ones to watch. I think Pol is more consistent, they both have comparable riding style to MM.

NathanOlder

Not sure about that, Aleeesh looks promising, but too early for Pol in my opinion. Plus I'd say on last season, and general grit and determination, Scott would do a better job on a factory bike than Pol. all in my opinion of course
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:Not sure about that, Aleeesh looks promising, but too early for Pol in my opinion. Plus I'd say on last season, and general grit and determination, Scott would do a better job on a factory bike than Pol. all in my opinion of course
Aleix Espargaro :wink:

He´s the best CRT driver since the category does exist, IMO he deserves an oficial bike much more than some oficial drivers

To me it´s Pol who looks promising, Aleix have proved his talent, what else can he do with that bike? He´s done a Pole with a CRT! :o

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

Enough of the personal attacks and guessing at another's psychological motivation, then impugning the other person based on that guess. This is a motorsports discussion, not an online psychiatrist's office.

MOWOG

I dunno, Flyboy. If impugning is not longer permitted, I fear the activity here in the friendly confines of F1T may fall dramatically.

Btw, I think that is the first time I have seen the word "impugn" written out since Spiro T. Agnew rode out of town. :mrgreen:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Ultra
Ultra

MOWOG wrote:I dunno, Flyboy. If impugning is not longer permitted, I fear the activity here in the friendly confines of F1T may fall dramatically
It would become an issue for you the moment you are the one being impugned. Of this I have little doubt. :twisted:
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

NathanOlder wrote:Not sure about that, Aleeesh looks promising, but too early for Pol in my opinion. Plus I'd say on last season, and general grit and determination, Scott would do a better job on a factory bike than Pol. all in my opinion of course
Pol is ready, he needs the bike. Redding is also ready too. I personally don't believe you can leave it too long otherwise you give up your winning ways

mikeerfol

Looks like Crutchlow to LCR for 2015 is a done deal http://motomatters.com/news/2014/08/02/ ... Matters%29

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

mikeerfol wrote:Looks like Crutchlow to LCR for 2015 is a done deal http://motomatters.com/news/2014/08/02/ ... Matters%29
I'm British, so I am a bit biased towards British riders, but more importantly I am a fan of the sport and I like to see people on merit get a fair crack of the whip.

Firstly I think this is a bit short sighted from Cal, since Ducati have already promised a radical overhaule of it's bike which is to start next season I believe. They know there is something wrong with the bike, and they have finally promised to do whatever it takes. It is a factory team in all but name, maybe they told him they no longer wanted his services.

Secondly, why is Crutchlow moving to Honda, when the likes of Redding, who already rides for a Honda team, is ready and waiting and has shown real championship poise from his moto2 days. Cal has had 4 years to be moving and shaking, I personally think that is plenty long enough. In my view they are much better options for the Honda team than Cal.

SectorOne

What a bizarre race that was. I skimmed through Quali and just until the flag dropped in the race and it seemed so strange, not sure if it was damp but the track was so slow it looked like they all were on warm-up laps for pretty much the whole race.

Some odd corners on that track i have to say.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

Full house seems more and more possible for marq.

SectorOne

Basically what keeps the races entertaining at the front now is if Marquez will mess up the start or not.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

mikeerfol

SectorOne wrote:Basically what keeps the races entertaining at the front now is if Marquez will mess up the start or not.
But this time he didn't have the pace to keep up with the top 3.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

^this

He just wasn't fast today for some reason. They have been getting closer to him for a while now too, hogue it was an off weekend.

Did anyone see val looking at Marc on the straight?

Pierce89

It was strange how Marquez was so slow today. He said he just couldn't get the set up dialed in, but hell he wasn't really close to the winning pace, strange :?:
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher