Becoming a DTM driver

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
EnisParachki
EnisParachki

Becoming a DTM driver

Does anyone know how to become a DTM driver??

wesley123
wesley123

Re: Becoming a DTM driver

The same way as any other career, starting from the bottom working your way up, and having good connections.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

langwadt
langwadt

EnisParachki wrote:Does anyone know how to become a DTM driver??
start racing a gocart about the time you learn to walk, then if you have enough talent, enough money and not mention luck you might get a chance

Pierce89

By being reallly quick in a DTM car
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

langwadt
langwadt

Pierce89 wrote:By being reallly quick in a DTM car
that's probably the easy part, to do that you first you have to convince a DTM team to let you drive one ;)

NTS
NTS

langwadt wrote:that's probably the easy part, to do that you first you have to convince a DTM team to let you drive one ;)
For the average pay-driver it's the other way around. Getting in the car is as easy as paying enough, but being really quick cannot be bought :lol:

langwadt
langwadt

NTS wrote:
langwadt wrote:that's probably the easy part, to do that you first you have to convince a DTM team to let you drive one ;)
For the average pay-driver it's the other way around. Getting in the car is as easy as paying enough, but being really quick cannot be bought :lol:
but It still takes quite a bit of work and some talent to get on the short list that have would be able to buy a seat