MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Juzh

Re: MotoGP 2015

Andres125sx wrote:Rossi saying this championship has been manipulated at the end of the race has been the corfirmation of the fall of a myth to me :cry: :cry:
What did he say exactly?
edit. ok found it:
http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/r ... r-lorenzo/

That's just pure hate speech coming out from rossi in a way I've never seen before from any sportsman. He is outright and with no shame at all throwing them both under the bus with million upon millions of his fans. Good thing he got burned in the end himself. I really do hope from now on he decides to retire from the sport and hopefully take his short sighted fans with him.

"But for his behaviour after Malaysia [when he attempted to join the court proceedings], he deserves to be treated like Marquez."
As in being attacked physically and all over the social media? This guy has gone completely mental.

jz11
jz11

you two keep telling your opinion over and over and over again hoping it becomes some ultimate truth?

so where was this super fast and ultra competitive MM you keep talking about in this race? granted I managed to catch only last 20 laps, I saw nothing of sorts, I counted exactly 0 attempts on trying to get the victory here, and Pedrosa showed that the pace was there

of course it was manipulated, hence the "hate speech", which you andres, your self said - you haven't seen Rossi react in a such a way before ever, so why now all of a sudden?

and saying - MM gains nothing from the win is just dumb, if he would pass Lorenzo, so could Pedrosa (you saw there at the end, when he closed the gap in couple laps - the pace was there), and we know what happens then

p.s. "manipulated" doesn't mean "fixed", especially in this case

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Mind games off the track is one thing, but differential treatment of championship contenders on the track is quite another.

With the extremely aggressive moves MM put in at PI and Sepang against Rossi one has to wonder why not even one such move was attempted on Lorenzo today.

There are a chorus of riders and journalists who believe MM could have overtaken Lorenzo, which may have allowed Pedrosa to do the same.

Whether MM intended or otherwise to fix the championship is immaterial, his divergent treatment of riders may have resulted in the same thing.

In any other sport letting your opponent win is a ban able offence, many are arguing that is what he did today, and I do too.

And I don't feel any problems in saying this, if it came from just the fanboys I would ignore it, but many (myself included) who I would consider fans of the sport first and foremost think the racing was tainted.

Nobody has a problem with Lorenzo winning, I dare say he may well have won even if Rossi was not at the back of the grid, he is a worthy winner.

But it isn't even about who won the championship, it is about a rider potentially trying to fix the championship, which what MM seemed to be doing and that is hard to justify.

Go look at the list of riders coming out on twitter expressing their concerns. And Neil Hodgson live on air: http://www.snappytv.com/tc/994471/358080

Andres125sx

jz11 wrote:you two keep telling your opinion over and over and over again hoping it becomes some ultimate truth?
True, reality is Marc beated Lorenzo in PI. Reality is Rossi crossed the line in Malaysia as stewards and TAS judged. The rest are opinions
jz11 wrote:so where was this super fast and ultra competitive MM you keep talking about in this race? granted I managed to catch only last 20 laps, I saw nothing of sorts, I counted exactly 0 attempts on trying to get the victory here, and Pedrosa showed that the pace was there
I agree Marc is a better and faster rider than Pedrosa, but you can´t assume if Pedrosa was faster in last laps, Marc could have been faster too. Maybe that´s your opinion, but it´s just that, an opinion :mrgreen:

What I´ve seen today is Marc struggling to keep up with Lorenzo, falling up to 8 tenths behind despite he was driving as aggressive as usually, sliding in almost all corners, with the bike moving around in all brakings. He managed to stay there tough, and it was obvious he was going to try it at the end, but then Pedrosa arrived, tried to pass Marc, and then they both fell down again clearing the way for Lorenzo.

It was Pedrosa who made a big favour to Lorenzo today, not Marc :wink:
jz11 wrote:of course it was manipulated, hence the "hate speech", which you andres, your self said - you haven't seen Rossi react in a such a way before ever, so why now all of a sudden?
Ask Rossi. I´d say he was finally seeing his 10th title so close after so many years he couldn´t cope with the reality, wich is in last races he never got the pace to fight Lorenzo for the title.

Then he tried some mind games defaming Marc after PI because this way he should try to beat Lorenzo even harder to stop the conspiracy theories, increasing his own chances for the title.
Last edited by Andres125sx on 08 Nov 2015, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

jz11
jz11

you are unbelievable...

nacho
nacho

I have to say this might have been the first and last race ever where Marquez doesn't try a single pass for the lead.

Andres125sx

Edit, this reply was for jz11, but it applies for nacho too

If you don´t argue your reply a bit more I´ll be forced to think you don´t have any more arguments :)

Just reply this question: You didn´t see Marc sliding and moving all around trying to keep up with Lorenzo, and closing the gap in final laps preparing a pass before Pedrosa ruined his strategy?

Some people could say even the contrary, he stayed between Lorenzo and Pedrosa to help Dani catching up so they both could overtake Lorenzo, because that was the only real chance for Rossi. Passing Lorenzo and moving ahead and far from Pedrosa would have been the perfect strategy for Lorenzo. Think about it :wink:

f1316
f1316

Not much point in arguing about it. I think Rossi's move in Sepang was wrong - wish he hadn't done it- but I completely understand why he did. If you feel someone is out to get you, is messing around with you out of spite, it's very difficult not to boil over. I'm certain Lorenzo would have done the same, roles reversed.

Anyway, whatever, it is what it is, people can think whatever they like but it won't change the result. My final thought is that it says a lot about the characters of the people involved that, in Valencia, Valentino Rossi is by far the most popular.

basti313
basti313

turbof1 wrote:Which I think is more then fair. Rossi did a very spiteful thing. This is justified payback.
I understand the feelings, but I do not know if I can defend them. Basically I can either defend the decision of the stewards or the reaction of the driver. Not both as with the (not too low) penalty all things were cleared.
I am a bit puzzled...is it ok or not for me? I think I may have reacted the same, but when thinking about the sports it should not be like that.
Andres125sx wrote:Just reply this question: You didn´t see Marc sliding and moving all around trying to keep up with Lorenzo, and closing the gap in final laps preparing a pass before Pedrosa ruined his strategy?
I do not really get your arguments here...on one hand you understand the (clear visible) reaction of Marquez and on the other hand you are defending the fairy tale of the press conference???
Marquez was cruising several laps in a distance of not more than a meter behind Lorenzo in the infield. And after the clean pass of his teammate he drove a quite hard move which was throwing both Hondas behind...I do not know what else can be seen here.
The question is how Honda reacts internally. With the move Marquez drove against Pedrosa one lap earlier on Lorenzo there would have been a Honda on P1, maybe even 1-2 for Honda.
Don`t russel the hamster!

basti313
basti313

f1316 wrote:I'm certain Lorenzo would have done the same, roles reversed.
This is questionable. It is a fact, that we have one winner and two clear losers. Maybe someone is smarter than Rossi and Marquez and does not get into that stupid fight making him a loser.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Juzh

When marq interferes with the championship in sepang people lose their minds. When marq doesn't interfere with the championship in valencia people lose their minds. Unwritten rule and all that sh1t suddenly not relevant anymore huh? Only when it suits rossi zealots.

AMG.Tzan

It is just so stupid to sit here and talk again and again about what Marc Marquez did on track to prevent Rossi from winning this championship! The championship wasn't lost on the last race of the season for Rossi! When i saw Lorenzo take 4 wins in a row i knew it was just a matter of time that he will take the championship lead (just like Vettel in 2012 with Alonso)! And so he did here at Valencia with a faultless ride although i was hoping Rossi would be able to do the unbelievable and win this! So stop looking for answers on why Marquez didn't pass Lorenzo! At the end of the day it was Rossi who started all this controversy and took Marquez out of the Malaysian GP and in a way even if Marquez didn't play any games in the last 2 races, he had every right to do so this time in Valencia after what Rossi did to him in Malaysia! :wink:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Shrieker

Assuming his innocence, M&M made an error in the race - the error didn't cost him the win - it made him look like he was riding shotgun for Lorenzo. Years down the road when someone watches this race they're gonna think "damn, Marquez was the perfect wing man", even tho that very well might not have been the case during the race. Which i think it wasn't.

Marquez did the same thing to Lorenzo at Indianapolis and he spoke about it after the race as well. He just followed him until the closing stages, passed him at the right time when Lorenzo's tires weren't too good anymore and used his slightly superior pace to pull a small gap and win the race. This time round tho, Pedrosa appeared and spoiled Marc's plan. Which makes him look very bad now.

Anyway, I am of the impression that this whole thing was an elaborate ruse to draw in more attention to the sport. Until the press conference the Thursday before the race at Sepang, Marquez and Rossi were getting on alright, despite the stuff that had gone down in Argentina and Assen . Then, out of nowhere, Rossi gets all riled up and decides to slam Marquez in front of the media. Imagine for a moment any of that hadn't happened, not a single thing would've changed in terms of the championship table. Rossi was at best quick enough for 3rd at Sepang, and at Valencia he would've finished 4th. Either way this whole thing was orchestrated, or Rossi didn't want to go down quietly without drama. He is just not the type. My personal opinion is, in 2016 more people will turn up in front of their screens than at any point during the last 10 years. Rivalry, animosity, camping always raises attention.

Jorge, almost all throughout the season was the faster rider, but that might be about to change with the arrival of Michelin. I fully expect the doctor to be faster than he was on the bridgestones on them. If he is not, I'll be disappointed.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

To give credit to Rossi, he has achieved something unthinkable this season: have people prefer Lorenzo to win the championship over the him.

bauc

To see a driver in any racing sport, who can win and has the necessary means to do so but consciously chooses or decides not to do so, or at lest not to try is just sad.

Again congrats to Lorenzo, a truly well deserved title.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg