WRC 2015 season

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
MadMatt
MadMatt

Re: WRC 2015 season

So Robert is testing, but not with M-Sport, and with a truck that has Italian plates on it, like A-Style, so I think he will go with the Italian team although it says on his truck RK World Rally Team.

Pierce89 wrote:
MadMatt wrote:... which they don't do. I don't think VW will be beaten on the long run, but occasional wins by Hyundai or Citroën might be possible. I doubt M-Sport will score any win tho, unless VW or others hit trouble.

With that being said, we don't know who will win between Ogier and Latvala. I don't think Ogier will lose his concentration as he did last year, allowing Latvala to close the gap, but I was still impressed by Jari-Matti on tarmac where he beat Ogier more than once!

Now we have paddle shift again, and some evolution allowed on the components, but I don't think VW will let the others close on gap because of this.
So you don't think this Sebastian is quite like the last?
Yes I think Loeb was better. No mistake whatsoever and you would not see him loosing his concentration as Ogier did (and admitted) last year! Nevertheless Ogier is the best rally driver today, that is for sure, but as I always said, he benefits from developing and driving the car since day 1 so unless you are the next Loeb, it will be difficult to beat him.

zonk
zonk

MadMatt
MadMatt

Yes he's always king of the test, here is another one:

Why would you stand 1m from the road in this section is beyond my understanding. :shock:

MadMatt wrote:Why would you stand 1m from the road in this section is beyond my understanding. :shock:
I guess it's better than the Group B days...

But still crazy...

MadMatt
MadMatt

Monte-Carlo Rally is about to start, now the Recce, there is snow!

I've got WRC+ as I no longer attend rallies so hopefully this will keep me entertained. I will give some feedback about it here for those hesitating, but at 40euros for the whole season, I don't think this is expensive (3euros per rally).

MadMatt
MadMatt

Holy crap. SS1 has been completed, and Loeb won it by 22 seconds over Tanak, and 31 over Ogier, what a start. That man is incredible. A reminder that this season there will be no split times given to the crews while they are in the stage, so they really have to push! Crazy what just did Loeb. Insane.

wesley123
wesley123

Wish he committed to the whole season
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

MadMatt
MadMatt

Yea. Not only VW should feel ashamed, but the other Citroen boys! Imagine, the guy comes back from rally retirement, and destroy them all. He took another 15 seconds off Ogier on this morning's first stage (SS3). I've never been a Loeb fan (I was supporting Ford), but I still admire the man, he's just a Legend.

iotar__

Why should VW be ashamed? It only shows that Citroen is quick and it's a pity Neuville is not driving for them.

Couple for Kubica, nice.

MadMatt
MadMatt

iotar__ wrote:Why should VW be ashamed? It only shows that Citroen is quick and it's a pity Neuville is not driving for them.

Couple for Kubica, nice.
Well, maybe not ashamed, but embarrassed. I mean come on we know the VW is much more superior, and Ogier has been driving full time the past 2 years. Seems now that road conditions have affected the drivers driving further down the order this morning (Loeb) so the gap has been reduced, but still.

MadMatt
MadMatt

Loeb hit a rock and dropped out of contention, surprising (rare) mistake there. Now Ogier is in the lead, with Latvala second but he's closing on the 2 times WC.

zonk
zonk

zonk
zonk

MadMatt
MadMatt

The famous stage with the Col-de-Turini is on now, and Kubica has crashed at the last corner of the stage. :|

Ogier on the other hand, is probably going to win this rally, with Latvala second and Mikkelsen 3rd.

JRodrigues
JRodrigues

MadMatt wrote:
iotar__ wrote:Why should VW be ashamed? It only shows that Citroen is quick and it's a pity Neuville is not driving for them.

Couple for Kubica, nice.
Well, maybe not ashamed, but embarrassed. I mean come on we know the VW is much more superior, and Ogier has been driving full time the past 2 years. Seems now that road conditions have affected the drivers driving further down the order this morning (Loeb) so the gap has been reduced, but still.
Why? Going flat out was a win-win situation for Loeb. If we won, he'd be praised as God.. If he'd crashed, it would be because he was 2 years without rallying. So there was nothing else he could do. I don't think anyone other driver (besides Kubica) would go/had the chance to go on flat-out mode since stage 1 on the first rally of the year.