World Endurance Championship 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
aleks_ader

Re: World Endurance Championship 2015

AnthonyG wrote:Is the Toyota too slow now?
Hard to say. They lost some of the edge. But:

1. A Davitson sad that the fluent Silverstone circuit is bad for MJ regen and vice versa its super-capacitor deployment in big "bursts" moments.
2. Wait for the SPA and final low drag solutions.
3. Reliability could be much better than Porsche.
4. In "Satre 24 hours" they could get near 16 hour of running more efficient ES system to use that Li-po battery witch Porsche uses
5. Who knows, could be "deja vu" of "slowest" car win again...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

aleks_ader

About now i detailed look even after 6h the gap behind Porsche is not so bad 14s... And Toyota was 1st between manufactures in England who began to double stint the tires. So the 2015 TS040 had retained good degradation management of Michelin tires.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

kudryavchik
kudryavchik

aleks_ader wrote:
Sevach wrote:Does the 8 megajoules give Porsche an qualifying edge?
Acctually on Silverston it is not 8MJ that is for Satre circuit. If we use regulation equation we got 3.76MJ for 8MJ class (rest you could extrapolate).

And answer is yes. If F1 doesnt have problems with 4MJ than Porsche could do decent race pace also.
Y have forgotten to multiply 3,76*1,55. Porsche had more than 5,5 Mj per lap

markp
markp

Artur Craft wrote:IIRC, LMP1s carry 60l(I'll assume 45kg of fuel) on full tanks. Their stints lasts for around 50 min, iirc. I think if they could carry 100kg, they would be able to cover more than the 300km of an F1 race distance.

LMP1's were covering 34laps per hour, at Silverstone. F1's GP have 52 and, doing the math, that would take around 1 hour and 32 min for the LMP1s to cover, which could be done with around 83kg of fuel, if the stints really lasted 50 min.
So LMP1 carry 55 kg less at the start of a race. I was at Silverstone but watched the race again on youtube. The radio LeMans commentators kept making F1 comparisons but very much apples and oranges. What effect on LMP1 laptimes carrying extra 55kg of fuel also effect on tyre wear? Basically can only compare laptimes from 40 percent into an f1 race due to fuel. Commentators were also comparing Audi with Marussia when Merc would be a better comparison, Marrusia should be compared to Team Kolles entry. Very different racing and nearly impossible to compare only time they are closest for comparison is quali. Interesting to see the difference this year however again July will have very different conditions to April.

wesley123
wesley123

Audi has been testing their Le Mans spec at Monza

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/audi-e ... -low-drag/
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

RicME85

Watched the Silverstone race earlier, WOW, the Porsche was incredible when accelerating out of corners and down straights.
Impressive how fast revs rise thanks to the ERS .
If I was driving the Audi which was overtaking in corners than immediately getting passed on the straights I would be going insane!

Vary
Vary

wesley123 wrote:Audi has been testing their Le Mans spec at Monza

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/audi-e ... -low-drag/
Anyone knows how many days they'll ne testing at Monza? I'm a few kilometres away from the track, so it'll be nice To know when the are testing To go and see or simply head them from home (something not possible anymore with f1)

bdr529

Some video of the test

Komon
Komon

Hi to all!

As a new participant here, I'd like to ask you all a question, if you might know the answer. This weekend, I intend to go see the WEC in Spa. Seems amazing, it's been catching my attention more and more over the last years so I'm really really looking forward to it. The thing I'd like to ask is: does anyone of you know if the tickets can be bought on the spot? I'd think so, but I cannot find any info about it, there's only web sale of tickets and these are offered for whole two days. So I'm also wondering-if there's a sale on the spot, is there a chance they sell also only daily tickets (all in all 31 eur is nothing for whole day of action tbh, compared to f1 prices...).

one other thing is also-I saw that you need to pay for the parking also, which caught me by surprise-last time I was checking I think I saw the parking was for free, and when I went to see f1 races (not to spa), I also always got free parking...so does anyone have any info on this as well?

So all in all a couple of maybe very silly questions, thanks for the answers in advance and hope to see some of you if you'll attend the race!

TzeiTzei
TzeiTzei

Check these out:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143499
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144134

If you have some urgent questions I suggest you ask them at Tentenths. Lot's of people there seem to be going to Spa.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Bad start for Toyota and Audi - The Jarvis car has a reasonable amount of damage and Kazuki has gone to hospital for a back exam after a collision at the end of the Kemmel straight.

mikeerfol

Nakajima has been ruled out of the race.. So now what, only 2 drivers or is there a chance to use someone else?

jericho

At first sight, not so much damage, but impact must have been hard!

awizul

mikeerfol wrote:Nakajima has been ruled out of the race.. So now what, only 2 drivers or is there a chance to use someone else?
I read somewhere he'll replaced by Kobayashi, stated as their reserved driver?