IndyCar 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
lizardfolk

Re: IndyCar 2015

The two races are up on Snake's channel now:

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Fantastic race in Barber =D>

Glad to see Newgarden get the win and Power finally get penalised for his usual nonsense.

lizardfolk

Jonnycraig wrote:Fantastic race in Barber =D>

Glad to see Newgarden get the win and Power finally get penalised for his usual nonsense.
Agreed, full race here.

Now this is a proper IndyCar race!

Cuky

Honda's aero kit for super speedways
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZNB-pJFjw[/youtube]

djos

lizardfolk wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:Fantastic race in Barber =D>

Agreed, full race here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tPWwoxrkWg

Now this is a proper IndyCar race!
Cheers, Im watching it now on my Roku3 and it's really very good!!!

F1 could learn a lot from the air-box cameras and content on YouTube!!!
"In downforce we trust"

djos

IndyCar 2015

Artur Craft wrote:
djos wrote:I haven't seen much "IndyCar" racing since CART imploded (Hope you rot in hell Tony George!), is there much decent road course racing or is it boring still like NASCAR with 2 token road course races per season?
you have lost way better racing than f1, for instance, then, imho :|

The only thing that I would like to change is less improvised street races or on places on which straights are too short and, thus, overtaking is very difficult.

A race of this cars on COTA would be fantastic, I reckon. I guess Bernie has an agreement with the track organizers for that not to happen, which is a big pitty.
Cuky wrote: Those images are 3D renders...but that car was already tested at CoTA earlier this year. Here is a picture of it on the track in camouflage livery
I wonder if unofficial laptimes were mentioned somewhere. Given how much downforce these cars now have(likely quite more than F1), I think they wouldn't be far from F1, albeit having only 700HP and no DRS.

GP2 also had no DRS last year and I think their power is around 600HP. IIRC, the typical gap between F1 and GP2 poles was around 5s. Bridgestone/Firestone tires, used in Indycar, can also be faster than Pirellis, so a 2s gap would seem feasible, I guess.
lizardfolk wrote:
cossie wrote: They increased down force 25 percent with only 650,bhp.
And? IndyCar has more horsepower than GP2 and GP2 still has more downforce than IndyCar
I doubt that considering the current FW is a multi element monster with very high AoA and should generate way more downforce than even F1's. Can't see the rear of Indycar's being down on GP2(or F1) either. And tbh, these cars even look(when cornering) faster than F1s
I'm really enjoying the barber motorsports park race and very happy to find I still know who about half the drivers are. :)

Btw, do the new cars still have ground effects tunnels?
"In downforce we trust"

wesley123
wesley123

And the first renders of the Speedway kit are here;

https://www.facebook.com/aytonperforman ... 7429936712
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

RicME85

I like that, simple and refined compared to the bolt it on aero of the other kits.

Cuky

Chevrolet super speedway config

hollus

No rear wing endplates???
Rivals, not enemies.

wesley123
wesley123

Wing angles are so low so they aren't really necessary afaik.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

hpras
hpras

On the super-speedway package, the wings are mainly there as a tuning aid for fore and aft balance. The rear wing can actually be set to produce lift instead of downforce.

FW17

Reminds me of this

Pierce89

hpras wrote:On the super-speedway package, the wings are mainly there as a tuning aid for fore and aft balance. The rear wing can actually be set to produce lift instead of downforce.
They don't set the wings to produce positive lift. Lift creates drag just like downforce. A nose up AoA doesn't necessarily imply lift in a cambered airfoil.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

lizardfolk

Round 5. Indianapolis GP It's not exactly the same layout that F1 used but it is similar.