rare best - Seat Toledo GT

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
modbaraban

rare best - Seat Toledo GT

I'm looking for some info on this extremly rare beast (or maybe freak).

All I know is that this is a mid-engined turbocharged (V6?) GT car styled to look like a very humble family saloon Seat Toledo.
The thing took part in 24 hours of Spa in 2003.

That's all.

Does anyone know more? Specs? I'm particulary interested in videos not having found a single one :roll:

Sawtooth-spike

Re: rare best - Seat Toledo GT

I think you can drive one in GTR or GTR 2 on the PC. I will have a look when i get back home.

Why the interest?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

modbaraban

Sawtooth-spike wrote:Why the interest?
Well, I'm an admin of online Enurance GT series. We use rFactor and a modification based on GTR2 cars converted to rFactor long time ago by someone called Higans.
The truth is that many SimBin's cars are quite far away from reality in terms of sounds. The exhaust note is very roadcar-ish for most. Some say that downforce levels are exaggereted too.
Anyways, I've decided to update the sounds for most of the cars using any material available, the Vettes are almost done, maserati and aston v12's are in progress. I have some idea about how all those race cars sound in reality, but I never ever encountered that Seat on any video. While searching I realised how rare that car is, so I got curious. It must have been a complete flop, right? I mean who would build dedicated GT car just to compete in a few races.

zoic

I think I remember seeing some Spanish GT races a few/many years ago, which had some of those Toledo GTs in it, and also I think Leon GTs.(Edit. Seat Cupra GT)

Don't quote me on this, but it might be worth looking into that series. Spanish GT or GT Open or something like that it was called.

Edit: Google is your friend :lol:

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/2 ... 25-011.jpg

Roland Ehnström

Sawtooth-spike wrote:I think you can drive one in GTR or GTR 2 on the PC. I will have a look when i get back home.
Yep, you can drive the 2003 Seat Toledo GT in both GTR and GTR2. It looks brutal (extremely wide) but it drives like a pig, understeer galore. Of the cars in the sim it's closest to the Porsche GT2 both in terms of handling (or lack of) and laptimes.

warmandog

modbaraban wrote:I'm looking for some info on this extremly rare beast (or maybe freak).

All I know is that this is a mid-engined turbocharged (V6?) GT car styled to look like a very humble family saloon Seat Toledo.
The thing took part in 24 hours of Spa in 2003.

That's all.

Does anyone know more? Specs? I'm particulary interested in videos not having found a single one :roll:

Hi All. i've tried just to find any real picture ( not sim racing shoots ) and couldnt find any.
only a video where found and you can see that toledo on it.
see here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyodzkSBiFY

regards

Alex C.
Regards
Alex C
Dominican Republic

modbaraban

Thanks, Alex. Such a variety of cars. Even a few Seat Cupra GTs. They sound V10-ish for some reason.

That was 2006 though. Now GT open is a Porsche-Ferrari battle with few Sunreds and Astons at the back :(

warmandog

modbaraban wrote:Thanks, Alex. Such a variety of cars. Even a few Seat Cupra GTs. They sound V10-ish for some reason.

That was 2006 though. Now GT open is a Porsche-Ferrari battle with few Sunreds and Astons at the back :(
you're wellcomed modby, at this video you can see a large variety of cars. a beautifull grid.
by the way what is this car , the las one with puma sponsors??
god if you see the video you will see a worlwide types of cars racing eachother

regards

Alex C
Regards
Alex C
Dominican Republic

modbaraban

warmandog wrote:by the way what is this car , the las one with puma sponsors??
god if you see the video you will see a worlwide types of cars racing eachother
modbaraban wrote:Such a variety of cars. Even a few Seat Cupra GTs. They sound V10-ish for some reason.
More info: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/1660 ... ra-GT.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyodzkSBiFY[/youtube]

dumrick

modbaraban wrote:Even a few Seat Cupra GTs. They sound V10-ish for some reason.
That's because Sunred replaced the original V6 biturbo (the same engine used in the Toledo GT) by Lamborghini V10's.

This past weekend at the WTCC race in Oporto, Seat offered some special issues of a magazine about some of their racing vehicles, so I got hold of a few information on the Toledo GT. Mod, if you're still interested, I could translate and post the technical specs.

modbaraban

dumrick wrote:
modbaraban wrote:Even a few Seat Cupra GTs. They sound V10-ish for some reason.
That's because Sunred replaced the original V6 biturbo (the same engine used in the Toledo GT) by Lamborghini V10's.

This past weekend at the WTCC race in Oporto, Seat offered some special issues of a magazine about some of their racing vehicles, so I got hold of a few information on the Toledo GT. Mod, if you're still interested, I could translate and post the technical specs.
I'm still kinda curious, but mostly I was wandering because of the sound as I was in the process of diong this.

jddh1

Mod, is your site available in English? I use google translate, but it's not really that good.

modbaraban

jddh1 wrote:Mod, is your site available in English? I use google translate, but it's not really that good.
Unfortunately not. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about it.