ALMS round3 - 6H Of Laguna Seca - LIVE on the internet

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Pandamasque

ALMS round3 - 6H Of Laguna Seca - LIVE on the internet

The race is this saturday night. To watch the race live in full with Radio Le Mans commentary you should register here free of charge.

Tune in at 23:00 CET on Saturday.
I'm not sure of the other sessions yet.

vyselegend

Re: ALMS round3 - 6H Of Laguna Seca - LIVE on the internet

Registered! Thanks for the head up! :wink:

I must say at first I felt something's wrong with this new date for Laguna, but it's just a matter of habits.
The new 6h format rocks! (it should be part of the LMIC IMO)

Looking forward to that one with impatience!

Pandamasque

Hot qualifying time has just ran out at windy Laguna Seca.

vyselegend

Streaming is on, let's watch a few babes dancing before the race! :P

Race start in half an hour if I got it well.

:arrow: live timing

Pandamasque

Watching and enjoying it. As Pat said "it's mayhem" there. :D

Pandamasque

THIS IS ABSOLUTE MADNESS!!! THE LAST 5 HOURS HAD MORE EXCITEMENT THAN THE LAST 5 F1 SEASONS! :shock:

Pandamasque

vyselegend

I am ashamed to say I couldn't stay awake for the race lenth, having woken up very early saturday morning... :oops:

I enjoyed the start though. Was very disapointed when Clint Field's AER lump failed (was it really engine break or some exhaust problem?), because I believe they were in the rare situation to try and win the race, although Pagenaud was coming back quite fast. Claus Graff was really impressive in the first stint, and the Porsche too! I believe the RS spyder got at least five more laps than the Acura, while having a similar pace!

LMPC is fun too, as long as Bouchut is in the car, it looks possible to see an Oreca FLM on the podium! (which seems to have happen this time!) :) That guy is a monster...

Now please don't spoil too much (I've seen the results but it's no big deal), I'm gonna watch the race replayed on motors TV at 6pm (GMT+1). :wink:

Pandamasque

Don't worry! The results don't even come close to telling the whole story :wink:

PS: I could be wrong but I think Field has blown a turbo.
The biggest disappointment to me was that Drayson Racing fell back so quickly. That car deserves much better. In the hands of drivers like Johnny Cocker it could win that race.

vyselegend

Uh, I got it wrong. Race replay on motors tv is next sunday at 6pm... :? I'll have to wait a whole week then.
Pandamasque wrote: The biggest disappointment to me was that Drayson Racing fell back so quickly. That car deserves much better. In the hands of drivers like Johnny Cocker it could win that race.
Sure, it's no secret that Drayson racing biggest problem is Paul Drayson himself. But you can't blame the guy for driving his own car, although I don't know if he realise his own team could have real succes (especially this year in ALMS) if he agreed to step down as a driver and put Pirro instead!

Pandamasque

Well he's living his dream and I can understand that. But if I was him I'd take more of a secondary role as a driver and give more race time and the qualifying to the pros.

Here's a pleasant surprise for those who missed the race! A rerun on demand.
http://www.radiolemans.com/laguna.php

vyselegend

=D> Thanks a lot Panda!

Now I'm searching for some pop corn and beer, and cut the phone down for the next 6 hours! :mrgreen:

dumrick
dumrick

Pandamasque wrote:Here's a pleasant surprise for those who missed the race! A rerun on demand.
I saw the race last night. It was probably one of the best racing I saw... ever!

Damn it, I just skipped some of the yellow flags periods, but that's the kind of racing that's un-editable, every second of the race was breathtaking. Furthermore, the video-on-demand worked really well and the quality and beauty of the images were superb (mainly when the sunset came).

Patrick Long in the end of the race: "I've raced for 20 years and never had a race that came close to that" "It was a downright dogfight"

Pandamasque

+1 If I was asked to make a highlights programme out of it I'd just go mad. But before the race the team that provided the pictures had announced the plans to make a Truth In 24-style film out of it. They must be scratching their heads now :-k