Moto GP Chassis Designs

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
mach11
mach11

Moto GP Chassis Designs

Hey all, I know it is stupid to start a topic about Moto GP in a site which is fully on with F1 and cars... but I am desperately looking for data, designs, drawings, pics etc... that deal with the analysis of MOTO GP bike's chassis (any racing class) and their weight distribution and packaging on components.... Any data on these will be really helpful..

This is out of personal interest... I guess that is why I started the thread in the other racing series domain...

Cheers
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

scarbs
scarbs

Re: Moto GP Chassis Designs

Check out Neil Spaldings MotoGP tech book or ask him via Twitter (@spalders), he is 'the man' when it comes to this stuff

Carlos
Carlos

Also Tony Foal's website and book. Every page may not be about aluminum twin spar frames - but for the Why and What For of motorcycle chassis and suspension design - much valuable information - spend an hour at his site just grazing the material.

http://www.tonyfoale.com/

Kevin Cameron's The Gran Prix Motorcycle is also good ... an overview from 1949 to present by an accomplished motorcycle technical writer:
http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Prix-Motorc ... _pr_sims_t

Belatti
Belatti

That page is great Carlos, good stuff!!!

I know -10 about Motorcycle chasis, construction and dynamics so reading what will pop up here will be nice. :)

That page has software that look similar to susprog3D, then I saw Tony was Australian...
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna