TC2000 and FIA GT1

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Caito

TC2000 and FIA GT1

Hello guys, last weekend (friday to sunday) I went to San Luis, Argentina. The last race of the year for several racing series took place there. The most important were TC2000 and FIA GT1. It was a really nice show, hopefully I will upload some photos of the cars soon, specially the GT1 cars which I liked the most.

For the moment, here's some videos of the action:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BfqyVZNCew[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIvQSinae5w[/youtube]

That's the best my camera(and me) could get.

Fontana is the ford who won the championship with an excellent drive and passes.

Here's a pic of the circuit. By far the best in Argentina, with over 6km in length and lots of hills and climbs. It's a semi-permanent circuit.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

747heavy

Re: TC2000 and FIA GT1

probably one of the coolest tracks in the world - very nice.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Formula None

What a fantastic track.

majicmeow

Good god, Bernie needs to get his ass over there and sign that up for a GP!!! BEAUTIFUL track, WOW!!!!

Caito

Let me add that for the moment it's a class B track(the only one in Argentina with such recognition) and I believe there was intention of making it class A. To make it class A there's a need of infrastructure, boxes, etc. The track is quite good. Anyway, I doubt the F1 would go there. It would be just too good.

flynfrog

majicmeow wrote:Good god, Bernie needs to get his ass over there and sign that up for a GP!!! BEAUTIFUL track, WOW!!!!
no sense in letting F1 ruin another track.

Pandamasque

mep

This track looks very nice, but it seems like there is some lack of grandstands.

Formula None

It has mountains: nature's grandstands. So green that. Throw in some KERS, turbos and biodegradable drivers... 2013, here we come!

Caito

I'm uploading some photos, but it's really slow.

There are grandstands in the major places, but there's also lots of people by the side of the track outisde the concrete wall. There's lots of people in the mountains too.

Yes it needs infrastructure, boxes where tents.

Caito

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Thumbnails just dissappeared, don't know why.

Caito

It seems the thumbnails are fine. Here are some more videos I uploaded, hope you enjoy them..
Some pit stop practice. I just love that pneumatic gun music (yes, it's music to me).
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCP03DwQb_4[/youtube]

Testing the systems of the ford gt, lock to lock

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dlq8YImuTI[/youtube]

In the first of the following compilation you can see two overtakes, just threw some random videos so you could get an idea of the track. Nissans sound really low(not in volume but in tone), corvettes made the loudest noise.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0suJuvsYhwA[/youtube]

Caito

So many beatufil pics and videos and no answers?

I suggest merging the pic post with the random race images.

Bye!

mx_tifoso

Que queréis que digamos?! :)

Did you personally take the photos and videos? Were you a spectator or did you participate?

And I too have noticed that Corvettes are amongst the loudest out on the track. The club races I go watch everyonce in a while usually have quite a few C5 and C6's out there and they're painfully loud.

Here is an older thread about this track just to show that it did get attention and we've already discussed it:
New FIA GT circuit in San Luis - Argentina
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Caito

J/K mx. I did take the photos and videos personally, I went the whole weekend with my friends as spectators.