Audi R18 ArticleRTM

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
E86
E86

Audi R18 ArticleRTM

Has anyone read this article in RaceTech Magazine? Can someone scan it? I have been looking for the issue in the USA, but no luck. We don't get shite here unfortunately. This would be much appreciated.
Best reards,
Eric Cantore
Team Manager
Red Bull/Hyundai/Race Team
Best Regards,
Eric Cantore
Team Pelfrey Racing

hud
hud

Re: Audi R18 ArticleRTM

why don't you go to their website. you may have to pay extra shipping to the US though.
“A vida é muito curta para termos inimigos.” - Ayrton Senna da Silva

bettonracing

My local Barnes & Noble carries RTM (WA State). I can check the latest issue for You t'row and will coordinate shipping with You if it has the edition You're looking for.

FYI I stopped buying RTM a few years ago because most of the articles were duplicated in (duplicates of?) RaceCar Engineering (RCE). RCE just got new owners so I'm not sure if this will continue to be the case, but keep Your eye out for the next issue of RCE incase the article You're looking for is in it.

Also, there're a million sites online with varying levels of detailed articles about the R18 (presumably You're talking about the Lemans car and not the DTM one). Is there something in particular You're looking for that isn't posted online somewhere?

Regards,

H. Kurt Betton

E86
E86

Kurt,
I was looking for the R18 Le Mans car article. I have tried to order this from RTM, but i am still waiting on two back issues of Bernoulli that i ordered back in 18/12/2010. I too like RCE better. I hope they will have an article on the R18 soon. I have the other issues of the R8, R15, R15+. I just like to read up on the latest Le Mans Cars. I am studying to be a Race Engineer and try to keep up on all the latest cars. We are currently working our Unlimited Pikes Peak car for this year. It is very much like a Le Mans car. A couple book shops around here also carry RTM, but have not seen the R18 issue. I thought if someone had it, they might be able to scan it. If you know of any sites that cover the car mre in detail, it would be much appreciated. Cheers!
Best Regards,
Eric Cantore
Team Pelfrey Racing

Caito

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2010/12/1 ... -lmp-tech/

Scarbs is user of this forum.

Hope it helps!
Come back 747, we miss you!!

bettonracing

I haven't seen the RTE edition with the R18 coverage yet. I'll check again this wknd. Eric, would You happen to know which RTE edition it was/is?

Autosport had a few informative articles posted (interviews w/ Ulrich & McNish). It gave some insight into why they made specific [technical] decisions but was lacking the deeper technical details one would expect in RTE or RCE. It's worth the dollar per article, but not a penny more.

I would be a bit surprised if everyone here isn't aware of You guys' unlimited Pike Peak effort... Looking forward to seeing some new records!

Regards,

Kurt

P.S. The European mags need to work something out about their US "reaction time". It typically takes ~3months for orders/ changes to take place. Race Engine Technology is the only one I've had that "reacted" within an accetable time of ~1month (max).

marcush.

:mrgreen:
Kurt ..I´m in germany and it´s just as sad over here ..the world seems to be smaller in the web but the print media are just the same as they were 20 years ago.(I remember well my constant chase for Hot Rod Magazine in the 80s... :mrgreen: )

E86
E86

Hello Kurt,
The issue that i am looking for is issue 123. I will be looking this weekend too. I will take a look at Autosport for those articles. I go to this site and Autosport.com as well as many others daily.
I appreciate the well wishes for Pikes Peak! We are definitely going for the 10 minute barrier. As for the magazine issues, i really do hope someone will pick them up, so we can get them when they are still new. I am having the worst luck with RaceTech Magazine. I think i mentioned i have had an order with them since 18/12/2010 and have still not received them!!!!

Caito-thanks for the link. I have just started to visit this site and did not see this article. awesome!!!
Best Regards,
Eric Cantore
Team Pelfrey Racing

bettonracing

Eric,

It seems my local B&N store has stopped carrying RTM. Either that or ppl are buying them faster than I can get to the store. (They're supp to call me to confirm since they couldn't while I was at the store).

While this might be a bit late for Your project, I've come across a few interesting technical R18 articles over the wknd (which You may already be aware of):

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/4668 ... 8-TDI.html
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsmarch11.html
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/cars/audi-r18-tdi/

Don't forget to update us with the new mods when appropriate! (MotoiQ article followup after Pikes Peak perhaps?) Some insight into some design decisions/ changes would also be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Kurt

FW17