Next year exhausts

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Javert

Next year exhausts

Where they would exactly be located ?

What aero function would they have ? Off-throttle blowing will be useful, will be useless or will be banned ? How much time would be lost ?

HampusA

Re: Next year exhausts

Not sure but i think i read that they will revert back to the old style where the exhaust exits on top of the sidepods/rear section.
The truth will come out...

Giblet

I'm pretty sure the off throttle blowing is gone for next year.

Assuming that is the case, I believe that advantages gained from placing the outlets somewhere for as little drag penalty as possible will outweigh blowing the diffuser on throttle. The off throttle blowing was about adding more downforce in the slower corners and under breaking, but with the volume of air moving past the diffuser at any reasonable speed i don't see the engine adding very much volume in relation.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

raymondu999

Periscopes are back no? They'll feed into the empty space between the rear and beam wings. Ie clean air. No use for off throttle blowing though I believe it's not "banned" as such, just useless
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Javert

So like this ?

hecti

Check out this article by scarbsf1:
http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/06/1 ... re-banned/
it explains everything