2014 front wing endplate design

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
sch7
sch7

Re: 2014 front wing endplate design

I am analysing a 2014 and a 2013 F1 front wing as part of my final project

I am trying to 3d model the front wing to prototype it and test it in a wind tunnel and make a comparison.

Can somebody help me please tell me how to go about this?! I am trying to design it in solidworks but I need help

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much

PNSD
PNSD

Have you used SolidWorks before? I suggest learning that first.

Are you going to test it with a rotating wheel, and evaluate the width change or is it purely back to back of the different wings in isolation?

SolidWorks is fairly easy to pick up and model simple things.

sch7
sch7

Yes I have used Solidworks and I try to model it like thisImage
But I couldn´t do it. I try to do it with 3d max but I don't known very well how it works.
I need the first steps to start, if you please could help me I would be very grateful.
Than you very much.

F.Massa
F.Massa

Hi guys, I've got a small question relating to front wing, but not in terms of dimension or aerodynamic.

I often follow team radio transcipt after races this season. During the race, having so many messages relating to changing front wing. That seems to happen before the drivers come to the pit wall. For instance: I need more front wing, at least four clicks up !

Im not sure but I guess they want more downforce on the nose :?: Is that correct ?

Otherwise, I dont know how the front wing can be changed. I mean does the mechanic touch directly to the front wing for adjustment ? Or the teams use something like remote control to do so when the cars're stopping ?

Maybe Im asking stupidly :oops: Can anyone explain ? Thanks a million !
" You jump, I jump, right ? "

Cam

F.Massa wrote:Hi guys, I've got a small question relating to front wing, but not in terms of dimension or aerodynamic.

I often follow team radio transcipt after races this season. During the race, having so many messages relating to changing front wing. That seems to happen before the drivers come to the pit wall. For instance: I need more front wing, at least four clicks up !

Im not sure but I guess they want more downforce on the nose :?: Is that correct ?

Otherwise, I dont know how the front wing can be changed. I mean does the mechanic touch directly to the front wing for adjustment ? Or the teams use something like remote control to do so when the cars're stopping ?

Maybe Im asking stupidly :oops: Can anyone explain ? Thanks a million !
There is some adjustable parts on the front wing that the pit guys can turn to increase or decrease downforce - this is usually to help balance the car. Scroll forwards to about 3:33 and you'll see the Ferrari guys using drills to make changes on the front wing. In the race, it's usually not that severe a change required, so they do it by hand.

edit: Scarbs is usually pretty good for this stuff too - enjoy: http://scarbsf1.com/blog1/2011/10/11/pi ... -the-race/
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.