Ferrari_Ivan idea on F2012

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

Ferrari_Ivan idea on F2012

Hello guys! I'm new in this forum.
I apologize for my English, I'm Italian.
Today I show you my drawing I did last year and that was taken by Ferrari in the last test at Jerez.

this is the solution of Ferrari:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9383/c11gg.jpg

This is my idea:
http://www.formula1news.info/forum/inde ... 56;preview

I did design prevents this regardless of the technical regulations. the solution of the Ferrari is very close to mine. the concept is the same but it is legal.

I decided to create this topic to get opinions of people more experienced than me.

I hope you like it. see you soon.

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

Re: Ferrari_Ivan idea on F2012

Haha, good work.I think that should be legal and is very smart idea.I had very simmilar idea when I was designing my car 2 years ago (2009 regulations).If I still remember, endplates of the rear wing can be up to 10 mm thick, corect me If I am frong about that.But, idea is still the same.You can use that narrow area to make small, but high efficient wings.I'll post my images as soon as I find the files.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

thanks for your answer! I do not know if my solution is legal but I think it's very similar to the one mounted on the F2012. I've "created" to increase the wing surface. I was advised to send an email to Ferrai or even to other British teams explaining exactly what my idea and comparing it with that of the F2012.
I wait for your designs

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

Wow, I would like to send my ideas to real F1 teams!My version is closer to Ferrari's than yours but aim is the same - to increase surface of the rear wing (just as you said).

I am not sure if that you idea is 100% legal, but it needs just small adjustments to be fully legal.You see on Ferrari's rear wing, space between sidemost and inner endplate (see your Ferrari RW image) is the maximum width which can endplate has.It's about 10 to 20 milimeters.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

yes, you're right. I thought the "excuse" to implement a solution milti-wing like mine. to limit the vibrations and the rear wing to make it more solid (also for safety reasons), I could apply this double vertical profile. they must spacing of 20 mm, as the rules say.

as in previous years with the exaust, I had thought of this way of interpreting the regulations at the limit.

manchild
manchild

They won't be responding to your emails or letter unless you address to them first explaining that you have a patent to offer and inquire about procedure they insist on. If you have it patented, than you'll have to send patent registration number, followed by scan of document from patent office. Only then, when they make sure that it is filed in patent office, they will check it out. I'm not making this up, I've been sending my patent to major car manufacturers years ago, so I know the routine. Companies and F1 teams are not checking unregistered ideas because they are afraid of frauds, fake private cases against them for using someone's unregistered idea. It has to be patented in order to be checked out by them.

wesley123
wesley123

I personally think it isnt usefull. What you create are effectively 2 wings, with your design you will get vortices bothin in the small wings as well as from the large wing, and there isnt any more wing area compared to Ferrari's Current solution.

The idea is similair to what Pescarolo did to work around the limited width of the wingspan, here it is useful as it gives you more wing area, thus more area to create downforce on, in turn more downforce.

In this case though you do not get more wing area, you only shield both off of each other.

Ferrari's current idea also helps prevent stall a little better due to the slotted wing edges, in turn boosting max downforce. Your design also removes that.

I love the idea, but doubt it will work
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

ok, thanks for your information. unfortunately I haven't a patent, and I haven't no special licenses. But I've published my design on an Italian forum last year. I think it is still important that I published before that Ferrari introduce him to the track.

I don't want to be negative. I just want to discuss new ideas. This forum was recommended to me by another passionate person like me.
I'm glad I found a forum that deals with these things.

I think I will send some emails to various teams. I have nothing to lose.

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

I understand what you mean Wesley 123. but the downforce is directly proportional to the surface. right? I have only increased the surface of the wing in contact with the flows.

certainly we will never have a clear answer. I do not have a wind tunnel at home unfortunately. :(

would be nice if a team could observe people's ideas. perhaps by organizing a special day for this.

wesley123
wesley123

I believe Tozza Mazza knows a guy or can himself run CFD, might be able to contact him if he can do so.

Do you by the way have a larger picture of it? I found the one you showed a bit too small, so I mght have seen it wrong :p
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

I have the original drawing (scanned pc) which is larger but is a little 'no color'. how can I edit a file I have on my PC?

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

I have an idea. This is the link of the Italian forum that I follow. From here you can zoom the image.
http://www.formula1news.info/forum/inde ... tem;in=356

jordangp

wesley123 wrote:I believe Tozza Mazza knows a guy or can himself run CFD, might be able to contact him if he can do so.

Do you by the way have a larger picture of it? I found the one you showed a bit too small, so I mght have seen it wrong :p
Yeah, 'godsire' is Tozza Mazza's CFD guy, if you can get something modelled, you should try sending one of them a PM

Ferrari_Ivan
Ferrari_Ivan

jordangp wrote:
wesley123 wrote:I believe Tozza Mazza knows a guy or can himself run CFD, might be able to contact him if he can do so.

Yeah, 'godsire' is Tozza Mazza's CFD guy, if you can get something modelled, you should try sending one of them a PM
excuse me, could you explain better who is and what can I do? thank you!

jordangp

If you can make a model of your concept in a CAD software you can contact 'Tozza Mazza' or 'Godsire' by sending them a message (top right of the screen). They can help you to run some CFD on your part.