Why cant they make noses like this?

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
TX2
TX2

Why cant they make noses like this?

I am very saddened by the ugly noses. I am a huge F1 fan but do not understand the technical side much. I was wondering what prevented/prevents the teams from making a nose like the nose in the image below. I took the image from here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11568 (Thanks to the original creator of the drawing) and edited to show what I think could have been a solution to the ugly noses. Please help me understand why the noses have to be like they are in a simple manner. Thank you very much for your time.

There are three noses. The top is about how they look now, the third one is how I wished they were.

xxChrisxx

Re: Why cant they make noses like this?

Because of the regulations.

The bulkhead max height is 625mm, the nose max height is 550mm.
The transition length isn't that long.

So either you run the bulkhead lower, or have step.

machin

I think the OP's point was why didn't the FIA write the rules as something like:-

In front of the front wheel centre line the chassis can be no higher than a straight line linking a point 625mm above the reference plane at the front wheel centre line and a second point 550mm above the reference plane and 1500mm infront of the front wheel centre line.

-you still end up with low noses at the contact point (the tip), but much better looking cars!
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

ESPImperium

machin pretty much as it for me.

Id have made the rule that the nose tip could be no futher forward than 500mm forward of the front wheel centre line and must not be more than 50mm higher than the front wheel centre line on front on (axel) view.

Id have also introduced a rule that teams have to have 35% of the bulkhead below the front wheel centre line and from the bulkhead to the T-Tray it has to be completely flat.

Personally id be aiming for the cars to look like this years McLaren or what id say is even nicer, the BGP001.

jordangp

The thread you got the image from tells you about why they are that way numerous times.