Red Bull: new generation of exhaust solution?

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
BalazsSzabo

Red Bull: new generation of exhaust solution?

Red Bull came up with this solution today:
http://img1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Red ... 606919.jpg

What is the hole underneath the exhaust and engine cover? Does they intend to improve the coke bottle solution and blow airflow through it towards the diffuser?

ajdavison2

Re: Red Bull: new generation of exhaust solution?

An exaggerated version of their tunnel solution maybe?

Neno

ajdavison2 wrote:An exaggerated version of their tunnel solution maybe?
sory but red bull splitter don't have any means with exaust. why because exaust is in same place where was whole season, they only split floor from exaust to make a channel for airflow from sidepods. but this way, airflow from exaust go directly in diffuser, and with airflow from sidepods, making extra turbulence on backside of the car, there for creating extra downforce.

but this can reply on any exaust solution (sauber, mclarens, force india...), even lotus exaust solution. i think lotus have maybe best opportunity to make leap with this kind of splitter. lotus exaust solution in airflow feeding low beam rear wing, but with splitter they can feed even diffuser from sidepod's airflow.

krisfx

If you took everything away behind the exhaust it'd look a lot like the mclaren solution.

My guess is, they have the tunnel over the top so flow stays attached from the exhaust and provides more of a benefit, but they can still get the extra benefit of the coke bottle shape.

someone will probably prove me wrong with some aerodynamic trickery though :P