Aerodynamics

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
ham2000
ham2000

Aerodynamics

the 2009 aerodynamic rules the FIA put in place were meant to increase overtaking, but i think they arent really enough for the cars to really overtake eachother. does anybody agree

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Re: Aerodynamics

The rules WERE enough until the DD diffuser was legalized/clarified/whatever. Now the cars have too much DF to overtake again. Also KERS has been slow to be adapted, but it's been a big reward for some teams. If you were to take KERS away from Ferrari and McLaren they would REALLY be sucking.

How long till RB come out with KERS? It's one of those things, that if they've been working out the packaging, I would expect to see at Monza. That is a perfect KERS track. And you can pass there.

wesley123
wesley123

Re: Aerodynamics

@Breezy; plain bullshit, it is the drivers, the drivers have to adjust to it.

Look, they drive at same lengths behind each other, but as long as you dont leave a hole he cant overtake you.
Last year we saw similair, at the start of the year you saw much more spins, but after 6 races you didnt notice it anymore as drivers were used to it.

Funny to notice that everytime there was less allowed there is less overtakning, begin 90's there was much more allowed and also much more overtaking.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender