2010 Fuel Loads and Suspension Settings

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
dedge
dedge

2010 Fuel Loads and Suspension Settings

Hi everybody! I have searched if somebody has spoke about this without finding a topic so...

This season, all the cars will start with a full tank. So the cars will start with something like 150-200kg isn't it?
So, will the engineers have to make a compromise on the suspension settings, or will they find a way to have a good suspension from the first lap to finish?

I was thinking about the height of the floor which has to be optimized for having as much downforce as possible. Do you think a system like "Brain", from Fox Racing Shox and Specialized and used in Mountain Bikes frames, will work?
I was thinking of leaving the chassis on stops with a very sensitive suspension on the first part of the travel, and let the Brain system piloting the travel when needed.

Do you think this system could work? Or is it banned by the regs?

WhiteBlue

Re: 2010 Fuel Loads and Suspension Settings

There is a thread on the issue. I have a look and post the link.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Timstr
Timstr

A related topic:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7801

dedge
dedge

thanks guys!

WhiteBlue

Timstr wrote:A related topic:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7801
yep, that was the one. I got distracted by the quiz. :oops:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)