Floor Exiting Exhausts

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Neco FEROX

Floor Exiting Exhausts

If the exhausts were to exit out of the bottom of car just in front of the diffuser they can some channel air under the car as well as the air from under the car, but this could cause the problem. Basically by creating some lift from the exhausts coming out of the bottom of the car and pushing the car upwards. This can be equally solved by the diffuser creating more downforce from the exhausts.

Thanks for reading.

neilbah

Re: Floor Exiting Exhausts

would this not create problems with exhaust back pressure as the ride height changes, or inconsistency in flow under the diffusor? Its not a new concept and im sure its been discussed on here before. I expect the exhaust/diffusor integration to be a part of next years aero considerations in one form or another so with the loss of double deckers we may see some interesting creations that blow exhaust gasses if they are allowed??

Neco FEROX

Good point, there many more downsides than upsides. But to be honest it's something that I need to learn more on.

doopie2you

Blown Diffusor?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8401
What does IDK means?? (someone) i dont know (other dude) OMG no one knows