Project Help - F1 Regulation questions

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
vinno
vinno

Project Help - F1 Regulation questions

Hi,

You may remember me asking for advice regarding my university project a couple of months ago.
I ended up choosing to look into how the wake of a Formula 1 type car affects the efficiency of the aero devices on the car behind, and ultimately their downforce and handling.

I am now at the stage where I am going to do some CAD modelling. I have been trying to find technical specs for the bodywork of other race catagories other than F1 such as Formula Renault and GP2 etc.. to no avail.

The technical regs for Formula 1 that I have obtained are just mind boggling so if anybody could shed light upon that for me it would be great. For example.. what is the reference plane?

If anyone could help me with either of these issues I would be eternally greatful!

Thanks
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 11 Dec 2010, 06:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited title to make topic clear. please no ambiguous titles.

747heavy

Re: Project Help

re reference plane

"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

vinno
vinno

Re: Project Help - F1 Regulation questions

Thankyou 747!

I didnt know there were images like that, I managed to find them and my life has suddenly become a whole lot easier.

=D> =D> =D> =D>