Williams

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Apex
Apex

Williams

Well I heard today that williams are selling a lot of stuff because they dont have enough space anymore....

I do believe that they have generated a lot of scrap over the years, just have a look in most household garages....

But they are selling the world championship winning car of 1992!

Im sorry but i dont believe that they need more space! They are raising funds in a really short term (and sighted) mannor. Letting Button go for something like 20M just adds weight to this notion.

Ok so there are more important things to talk about but I just think that they should not sell their history, it should be lined up next to all the other championship winning cars.

I believe that the williams bmw partnership has proved to be the downfall of one of the greatest teams ever!

RH1300S
RH1300S

I don't buy the lack of space argument either. But, I don't see it as a problem - I'm sure that FW & PH have decided to raise money now and go for performance next year rather than sit back and remember how good they were.

Racers to the core - I expect they would sell everything that didn't make the cars go faster if they had to........ =D> :D

johny

that includes jenson :D

Bender
Bender

johny wrote:that includes jenson :D
too true!!

williams will return to greatness, last time they had an aussie driving a cosworth V8 they won the damn championship!

RH1300S
RH1300S

I really have high hopes for Williams this year. The optimist in me thinks:

Cosworth willmake a very good, reliable engine
Frank & Patrick will be smarting after this year and won't take it lying down
Williams windtunnel has now got a season behind it
Mark Webber will have a team mate who will give him more of a fright (I hope)

Here's hoping.

Only one thing - they MUST get a cool paint job on the cars to stand a chance :D

joseff

Only one thing - they MUST get a cool paint job on the cars to stand a chance
Remember Winfield-Williams? :(

I think the current blue-white HP-BMW paintjob is the best looking on the grid.

jaslfc
jaslfc

i think williams will go all out this season to try to attract some long term sponsorship.Now being an independent team frank needs to take a few more risk. i think webber is overrated. hopefully nico is a talent that will push the team forward. Webber is like trulli very fast over a single lap but aways seem to underperform in races.AND PLS TEACH WEBBER HOW TO START A RACE!! he always lose out during the start!!

GO WILLIAMS!!!

johny

yeah, white-blue is a great color scheme (apart from mildseven-renault the best) this year there'll be a lot of sponsorship changes so we'll se new ones

Cyco
Cyco

Colours

johny wrote:yeah, white-blue is a great color scheme (apart from mildseven-renault the best)
I have to disagree with you here, I think McLaren did a brilliant job with the Silver/Black for the last couple of years.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Sadly, the present trend in Formula One is for the major manufacturers to do battle, with the privateers almost completely wiped out. Minardi, Jordan, Sauber, have all gone their ways as independants. And Williams, despite their great successes and the drive of Sir Frank, are basically a privateer superteam.
With their recent lack of competitive ability, this season is pivotal in the history of Williams. If they do poor, big sponsorship may go away, and Sir frank will suffer with a much reduced budget to race with. It may, sadly, be the beginning of the end for Williams.
Personally, I hope Cosworth and Williams get it right out of the box, and enjoy a lot of success.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It appears Williams will be associated with Toyota in '07.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=102741

manchild
manchild

It was reported months ago that in 2006 Williams will run under name “Lexus Williams” regardless on fact that they'll have Cosworth engines. I suspect that if Cosworth proves to be competitive in 2006 deal with Toyota might be canceled (I hope so).

Scuderia_Russ

Mee too!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

johny

back to the good old williams-cosworth days, everybody who loves f1 wants that

f1.redbaron

manchild wrote:It was reported months ago that in 2006 Williams will run under name “Lexus Williams” regardless on fact that they'll have Cosworth engines. I suspect that if Cosworth proves to be competitive in 2006 deal with Toyota might be canceled (I hope so).
Why? What do you have against Toyota's engines? I might be a little biased, but I believe that last year they had 2nd best engines (right after Renault), and accoriding to F1racing.net, they might have the best V8's at the start of next season. So why not Toyota? IMO, it would benefit both teams - Toyota would benefit from data gathered from a good and a reliable team, not to mention the fact that Lexus brand would get some good media exposure, and Williams would benefit from Toyota's reliable engines created by people who have an endless supply of money to develop those engines.