2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
xReVo
xReVo

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

continuum16 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 19:53
AR3-GP wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 19:35
continuum16 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 19:12

I mean I'm not Newey and I don't work at RBR, but in general if I am unhappy with my work environment or my boss I would at least investigate an exit strategy. Who knows what the actual state of the interpersonal relationships are. With good lawyers any contract can be dissolved, depends on how badly people want out.

Personally I don't see Newey working anywhere else until late 2026 at the earliest.
Red Bull cannot chain Newey to a desk. All they could do is send it to civil courts and establish a monetary penalty for contract violation, something that rival teams would be more than willing to pay.

If this were an ordinary employee, he/she would not want to earn a reputation for breaking contracts, but it's Newey. The norms in practice are not the same.
Correct. My belief that he wont work somewhere until 2026 is independent of the fact that I think he could work somewhere else before then; I should have been more clear.

I would be shocked if Red Bull didn't roll out all the red tape they could to delay this as much as possible; after all they did to stop Fallows I can't imagine they'd put up less of a fight for Newey unless they truly think he's not an integral part of the machine. That's why I think it would take so long. Although if any team would be willing to foot the bill for Newey's court costs and buyouts it's AMR/Aramco, where money is seemingly infinite.
But do you know how much money Ferrari has? I want to see you then when they announce Newey in the next few days if not in the next few hours.

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 20:41
continuum16 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 19:53
AR3-GP wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 19:35

Red Bull cannot chain Newey to a desk. All they could do is send it to civil courts and establish a monetary penalty for contract violation, something that rival teams would be more than willing to pay.

If this were an ordinary employee, he/she would not want to earn a reputation for breaking contracts, but it's Newey. The norms in practice are not the same.
Correct. My belief that he wont work somewhere until 2026 is independent of the fact that I think he could work somewhere else before then; I should have been more clear.

I would be shocked if Red Bull didn't roll out all the red tape they could to delay this as much as possible; after all they did to stop Fallows I can't imagine they'd put up less of a fight for Newey unless they truly think he's not an integral part of the machine. That's why I think it would take so long. Although if any team would be willing to foot the bill for Newey's court costs and buyouts it's AMR/Aramco, where money is seemingly infinite.
But do you know how much money Ferrari has? I want to see you then when they announce Newey in the next few days if not in the next few hours.
The Constructors/Drivers championship could depend on that, how much money do you think that's worth in winnings and advertising Revenue to RBR? 1 Billion? 500 Million?

I don't want to get into a pissing contest about this. So far all we've heard is rumors....the other thing is if they do let him go, is he finished?

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

the sports should not depended on 1 person knowledge. I am really looking for some one should master the Newly.

collindsilva
collindsilva

AN should work as external consultant and all teams should take his services.
He should not be bound to just 1 team.
This will help the grid to be more competitive and we can expect better racing.
Just a suggestion...

diffuser

collindsilva wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 09:23
Just a suggestion...
Yeah, that would never happen. Plus the smaller teams without the tools would never be able to make use of him.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

diffuser wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 11:23
collindsilva wrote:
Just a suggestion...
Yeah, that would never happen. Plus the smaller teams without the tools would never be able to make use of him.
Don't know why everybody thinks the Redbull is fast because Newey. I mean if we look at qualifying, then Aston ,Ferrari, McLaren pretty close to them. Is more about the tyres than just simple aero. I didn't believe that actually the Redbull is fast because they have the best aero car. Redbull secret definitely in the suspension especially in the rear one,they do something with it that the car always at optimum ride height with or without fuel,this also explains why they had minimim porpoising compared to whole field.Is legal or not we don't know (yet),but they definitely have unlimited tyre life.

RedNEO

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 16:00
diffuser wrote:
collindsilva wrote:
Just a suggestion...
Don't know why everybody thinks the Redbull is fast because Newey. I mean if we look at qualifying, then Aston ,Ferrari, McLaren pretty close to them. Is more about the tyres than just simple aero. I didn't believe that actually the Redbull is fast because they have the best aero car. Redbull secret definitely in the suspension especially in the rear one,they do something with it that the car always at optimum ride height with or without fuel,this also explains why they had minimim porpoising compared to whole field.Is legal or not we don't know (yet),but they definitely have unlimited tyre life.
I believe Adrian designed Red Bulls suspension if I’m not mistaken.
Last edited by RedNEO on 28 Apr 2024, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
diffuser wrote:
collindsilva wrote:
Just a suggestion...

I agree, if they made the C2 tires half way between C2 and C1 harder and the C3 half way between C3 and C2 harder, etc, like they did last year, It would improve the race pace for AMR a lot. Is it that AMR is just generating more DF ?

peewon

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
diffuser wrote:
collindsilva wrote:
Just a suggestion...
Having the best tyre wear actually shows that RB has the most aero efficient car which is also well balanced. Tyre wear occurs when there is sliding. AM is fast on one lap because the extra mechanical grip from a new tyre compensates for lack of downforce, especially at the front end.

Usually front tyre wear indicates understeer and lack of front end bite. AM struggles in slow corners precisely for this reason. Another indicator towards this problem is that it gets worse with a heavier car. It could also be the case that the peak of he downforce generated by the underbody is little bit towards the rear of the car.

AM can reduce the problem by playing around with setups and making them a bit more towards oversteer which Lance wont like probably. If its an issue like underbody downforce profile, then that requires major concept corrections and is probably unfixable mid season. And yes, suspension is critical in maintaining the optimal ride height which insures consistent downforce and therefore less sliding.

diffuser

peewon wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 05:28
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Having the best tyre wear actually shows that RB has the most aero efficient car which is also well balanced. Tyre wear occurs when there is sliding. AM is fast on one lap because the extra mechanical grip from a new tyre compensates for lack of downforce, especially at the front end.

Usually front tyre wear indicates understeer and lack of front end bite. AM struggles in slow corners precisely for this reason. Another indicator towards this problem is that it gets worse with a heavier car. It could also be the case that the peak of he downforce generated by the underbody is little bit towards the rear of the car.

AM can reduce the problem by playing around with setups and making them a bit more towards oversteer which Lance wont like probably. If its an issue like underbody downforce profile, then that requires major concept corrections and is probably unfixable mid season. And yes, suspension is critical in maintaining the optimal ride height which insures consistent downforce and therefore less sliding.
Initially, they said it was a ride height thing that they couldn't keep the ride height stable with hi fuel. I haven't heard anything more about that theory. I don't know if that means that the have solved it or what.

You could see at the start of the China race, Alonso had more traction going into the first corner. He got those fronts lit up in a hurry. There is no more sliding around than anyone else going into the 1st corner. He just had the DF and tge traction to almost over take Max.

It's only a problem at tracks with higher abrasion.

xReVo
xReVo

peewon wrote:
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
diffuser wrote:

I agree with you

peewon

diffuser wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 10:38
peewon wrote:
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:

Initially, they said it was a ride height thing that they couldn't keep the ride height stable with hi fuel. I haven't heard anything more about that theory. I don't know if that means that the have solved it or what.

You could see at the start of the China race, Alonso had more traction going into the first corner. He got those fronts lit up in a hurry. There is no more sliding around than anyone else going into the 1st corner. He just had the DF and tge traction to almost over take Max.

It's only a problem at tracks with higher abrasion.
Tyre wear has to be accompanied by sliding. There is no other mechanism. Makes them sticky but doesnt last. We're talking about sliding at micro levels. The visible sliding is actually when they go past the point of adhesion. And yes, the problem gets exasperated when the surface is more abrasive. Like a cheese grater.

diffuser

I know what you're saying, the tires are some how handling too much of the load. Typically that cause of this is shortage of df. It can also happen, If you have more df than the tires can handle, they'll wear excessively.

I have no idea why. Hope they do.

Dunlay
Dunlay

https://twitter.com/433_marc/status/1784582407720431909

Aston Martin is offering Adrian Newey a contract worth 100 million + Alonso + working in the UK.

Aston Martin is constructing the most advanced Formula One factory in Silverstone. Everything is housed together: offices, wind tunnel, R&D, and the Racing Team. Additionally, Newey won't have to relocate and can seamlessly communicate in English with his colleagues.

Moreover, Adrian Newey can collaborate with Alonso, something he eagerly desires before retiring.

Source: La Gazzetta dello Sport & Soymotor

wickedz50
wickedz50

Dunlay wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 05:50
https://twitter.com/433_marc/status/1784582407720431909

Aston Martin is offering Adrian Newey a contract worth 100 million + Alonso + working in the UK.

Aston Martin is constructing the most advanced Formula One factory in Silverstone. Everything is housed together: offices, wind tunnel, R&D, and the Racing Team. Additionally, Newey won't have to relocate and can seamlessly communicate in English with his colleagues.

Moreover, Adrian Newey can collaborate with Alonso, something he eagerly desires before retiring.

Source: La Gazzetta dello Sport & Soymotor
Great news! Fred can definitely get his much awaited 3rd WDC title and then AN can show the world how good a driver LS is and fulfill LS dreams of making his son a WDC soon.
Wonderful! =D> =D> =D>