2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Pit crew also gets special suits, retro style with embroidered sponsor patches sewn in

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

CRazyLemon
CRazyLemon

Vanja #66 wrote:
02 May 2024, 13:38
Pit crew also gets special suits, retro style with embroidered sponsor patches sewn in

Do we suppose this is all catering budget?

Vanja #66

CRazyLemon wrote:
02 May 2024, 19:07
Still a very modest budget though :mrgreen:

Livery changes are vinyl pieces, only driver and pit crew suits are all-new. The team is using the same red shirts as usual. Even the inside of the garage is the same with HP logo stickers and blue vinyl strips over white and yellow. It's a very budget-friendly special livery, much like Vegas 2023 was

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

Sevach
Sevach

CRazyLemon wrote:

Ferrari would love to pass it as marketing, which doesn't count against the budget cap.

gh0stadian
gh0stadian

Vanja #66 wrote:
02 May 2024, 19:26
CRazyLemon wrote:
Still a very modest budget though :mrgreen:

Livery changes are vinyl pieces, only driver and pit crew suits are all-new. The team is using the same red shirts as usual. Even the inside of the garage is the same with HP logo stickers and blue vinyl strips over white and yellow. It's a very budget-friendly special livery, much like Vegas 2023 was
Is it even in budget limit ? i would assume that these kind of changes are marketing cost which arent under budget restriction

Vanja #66

Knowing I'm in minority here, but I love how this looks actually. The red and light blue contrast is very strong, while darker blue tones that down a bit. Historical references are all over the car. Track photos will look stunning.

It would be something else if they choose to go with blue and white details next year, with HP logos it will make sense. Also with Hamilton's home country flag...

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

LM10
LM10

I also like this livery actually.

CHT
CHT

Vanja #66 wrote:
02 May 2024, 22:01
Knowing I'm in minority here, but I love how this looks actually. The red and light blue contrast is very strong, while darker blue tones that down a bit. Historical references are all over the car. Track photos will look stunning.

https://i.ibb.co/6NhVgJm/Screenshot-20240502-215134.png

It would be something else if they choose to go with blue and white details next year, with HP logos it will make sense. Also with Hamilton's home country flag...
The blue will not be noticeable when the cars are on the grid. it looks nice because of the backdrop

CRazyLemon
CRazyLemon

Vanja #66 wrote:

The cars look great, but the don't actually look like Ferrari's to me. They look like red heavy cars from some other racing series.

FDD
FDD

The idea is absokutely OK.
But I do not like the implementation.
I think they can much better.
Also I must mention that photo can not always represent the reality, I never liked Alfa 4C on photos but when I met her in person it was a completely different emotion

Vanja #66

CRazyLemon wrote:
03 May 2024, 05:50
The cars look great, but the don't actually look like Ferrari's to me. They look like red heavy cars from some other racing series.
It's been like that for years sadly... Cars will be noticably smaller next year. Not quite like pre-2009, but still a step in the right direction

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

Waz
Waz

CRazyLemon wrote:
03 May 2024, 05:50
Vanja #66 wrote:

I get the same vibe. The livery is something more like Sauber would do. There's just nothing about it that really says Ferrari apart from the badge on the nose.

murphy
murphy

Re: Ferrari SF-24

I think Ferrari will go for the overbite, to me its common sense, it allows much more air in and then around the car to to the back, if you look at the sidepod inlet on the current car the whole front part is just a panel you can screw it off and put something else on, the upgrade in Miami could setting the up. Got to say i love what they have done with the halo, where it curves down is pretty much flat.

f1316
f1316

Vanja #66 wrote:

I won’t say I like it, per se, but actually will join the minority that’s pleased they didn’t show up with a blue car. Red is Italy’s racing colour and Ferrari is now the de facto national team (not the same as in the 50’s with Alfa, Maserati and Lancia all flying the flag and where a blue customer Ferrari was incidental). It’s also not the same as the NA Racing Team - that was a protest and not having a red Ferrari was a sign of how serious the situation was. I don’t think scrapping the red livery should be done frivolously - it’s important for Ferrari and Italy and not something to be taken lightly.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

f1316 wrote:
03 May 2024, 16:10
Vanja #66 wrote:

I won’t say I like it, per se, but actually will join the minority that’s pleased they didn’t show up with a blue car. Red is Italy’s racing colour and Ferrari is now the de facto national team (not the same as in the 50’s with Alfa, Maserati and Lancia all flying the flag and where a blue customer Ferrari was incidental). It’s also not the same as the NA Racing Team - that was a protest and not having a red Ferrari was a sign of how serious the situation was. I don’t think scrapping the red livery should be done frivolously - it’s important for Ferrari and Italy and not something to be taken lightly.
Well said! =D>