2024 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
DChemTech
DChemTech

Re: 2024 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 03 - 05

MichaelxScarn wrote:
03 May 2024, 19:38
SKYnRacing24 wrote:
03 May 2024, 19:36
Its funny . When youve been catching up with the history of Senna and how F1 was back then.....To now with this sterile shite. PR drivers, boring to watch cars and the over sensitive FIA stewards with souless social media tacked on ,it just sums up where this apparent sport is going. All the fun is off track for peace sake,
Nothing more to add.
Still interesting enough for both of you to sign up here in the past few months though?

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Is this McLaren upgrade the biggest mid season upgrade we've seen in the cost cap era ? It's a B spec car. Front and rear wings + beam wing , side pods+ intakes , suspension corners , engine cover.

I think some of the assumptions about the limitations of upgrades in the cost cap era didn't turn out to be right.

dialtone
dialtone

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
03 May 2024, 20:01
Is this McLaren upgrade the biggest mid season upgrade we've seen in the cost cap era ? It's a B spec car. Front and rear wings + beam wing , side pods+ intakes , suspension corners , engine cover.

I think some of the assumptions about the limitations of upgrades in the cost cap era didn't turn out to be right.
So far the last MCL update last year was much bigger both in visible impact and performance impact.

EDIT: and this is a 30% of the season gone. You would expect fewer bigger updates given cost cap and the risk of being wrong with an update being too high for the cost cap, so teams work out bigger stuff to push through.

chrisc90

Any longer run lap times?

TFSA

chrisc90 wrote:
03 May 2024, 18:45
Amateur error. Wasted his session now so straight into sprint quali.

At least he’s consistent

Rumours it’s Logan sergeants last weekend racing
Do Williams even have a reserve driver? I know they have Jamie Chadwick as development driver, but I'm not sure they'd entrust her* with the job.

*Fixed
Last edited by TFSA on 04 May 2024, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.

maxxer
maxxer

Always funny that F1 presentors want to change the sport because its a --- show , now Will Buxton wants the points system changed because they lately only talk about racing from drivers out of points :)

TFSA wrote:
03 May 2024, 20:17
chrisc90 wrote:
03 May 2024, 18:45
Amateur error. Wasted his session now so straight into sprint quali.

At least he’s consistent

Rumours it’s Logan sergeants last weekend racing
Do Williams even have a reserve driver? I know they have Jamie Chadwick as development driver, but I'm not sure they'd entrust him with the job.
Antonelli is rumoured, subject to getting approval from the FIA as I understand he’s too young & there may be something in the rules about holding a valid drivers license too, which he doesn’t have apparently.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Luscion
Luscion

chrisc90 wrote:
03 May 2024, 20:10
Any longer run lap times?

Seerix
Seerix

maxxer wrote:
03 May 2024, 20:51
Always funny that F1 presentors want to change the sport because its a --- show , now Will Buxton wants the points system changed because they lately only talk about racing from drivers out of points :)
Or maybe they are just discussing recent events.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/excl ... /10603122/

Waz
Waz

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
03 May 2024, 20:01

Teams that work efficiently will definitely produce bigger upgrade packages, and I agree that the effect of the budget cap is overblown by some individuals.

venkyhere
venkyhere

f1onions wrote:
03 May 2024, 19:31
Norris as always not finishing hot laps in practice.
Glad that someone else noticed this. I haven't seen a single FP where Norris finishes his S3 on the final soft run. As if hiding a big secret. It's childish.

maxxer
maxxer

Seerix wrote:
03 May 2024, 21:13
maxxer wrote:
03 May 2024, 20:51
Or maybe they are just discussing recent events.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/excl ... /10603122/
I know this discussion is ongoing but for me it seems tv wants a new points system.
For example Williams has made a mess of their development they finally have a spare car.
If it is that bad with their company and the mess they made over all these years with all these investors its time to call quits

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

maxxer wrote:
03 May 2024, 21:39
I know this discussion is ongoing but for me it seems tv wants a new points system.
For example Williams has made a mess of their development they finally have a spare car.
If it is that bad with their company and the mess they made over all these years with all these investors its time to call quits
I've been advocating for increased point allocations for a long time. Given how reliable cars are nowadays, I think giving points all the way down to P15 would even be viable, though certainly P12 would be an improvement on things now.

I come from the perspective that 'points systems' are literally only there as a record of performance, so we can accurately rank who did better over a season. Others seem to have this idea that 'points' have some extra mystical importance and that giving them to lower finishers ruins this, and simply dont care whether it's a good system for judging performance over a season or not for lower end teams.

Sieper

venkyhere wrote:
03 May 2024, 21:31
f1onions wrote:
03 May 2024, 19:31
Norris as always not finishing hot laps in practice.
Glad that someone else noticed this. I haven't seen a single FP where Norris finishes his S3 on the final soft run. As if hiding a big secret. It's childish.
Come on, there almost always is a good reason. Seems a bit over the top to try and give him a moniker.

Sieper

Seanspeed wrote:
03 May 2024, 21:46
maxxer wrote:
03 May 2024, 21:39
I've been advocating for increased point allocations for a long time. Given how reliable cars are nowadays, I think giving points all the way down to P15 would even be viable, though certainly P12 would be an improvement on things now.

I come from the perspective that 'points systems' are literally only there as a record of performance, so we can accurately rank who did better over a season. Others seem to have this idea that 'points' have some extra mystical importance and that giving them to lower finishers ruins this, and simply dont care whether it's a good system for judging performance over a season or not for lower end teams.
Very much agree. Especially as that old rule that you have to score 1 point to get your travel costs reimbursed is still in place.