Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

Re: Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
03 May 2024, 20:17
Joe Saward was on Missed Apex again. He reckons Aston isn't out of the Newey sweepstakes. Newey has never won Lemans. He has the opportunity to win Lemans in one of his cars at Aston. Which is a more realistic goal than fixing Ferrari.

Aston is just down the road. And Fallows might be in the mood for some input from him considering where their car is at.

Ferrari has already won Le Mans and the F1 team is quite a bit ahead of AM, also what is there to be fixed at Ferrari when they are clearly on the up?
I guess for Saward anything is better than Newey at Ferrari.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

DoctorRadio wrote:
03 May 2024, 20:23
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
Joe Saward was on Missed Apex again. He reckons Aston isn't out of the Newey sweepstakes. Newey has never won Lemans. He has the opportunity to win Lemans in one of his cars at Aston. Which is a more realistic goal than fixing Ferrari.

Aston is just down the road. And Fallows might be in the mood for some input from him considering where their car is at.
Ferrari has already won Le Mans and the F1 team is quite a bit ahead of AM, also what is there to be fixed at Ferrari when they are clearly on the up?
Las I checked, Ferrari didn't win Lemans in one of Neweys cars

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
03 May 2024, 21:15
DoctorRadio wrote:
TeamKoolGreen wrote:

Saward is saying that Newey has better chances to win the Le Mans at Aston than Ferrari?
He certainly hasn’t watched the WEC last year.

CHT
CHT

RBR celebrating AN leaving to Ferrari.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/WtDVQE ... tid=oFDknk

dialtone
dialtone

TeamKoolGreen wrote:

Fixing the Ferrari team that won LeMans last year and at WEC Imola had 1-2-3 cars until the mistakes with the rain? What Aston Martin will win LeMans outright exactly? Are they even in LMH?

chrisc90

Such a honest and well spoken man.

chrisc90

CH piece on Adrian

CH does say that Adrian is stepping away from the F1 side, but not the company. So whether thats in reference to the RB17 we don't know.
Last edited by chrisc90 on 04 May 2024, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.

Sieper

DoctorRadio wrote:
03 May 2024, 21:30
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
03 May 2024, 21:15
DoctorRadio wrote:

Saward is saying that Newey has better chances to win the Le Mans at Aston than Ferrari?
He certainly hasn’t watched the WEC last year.
With a car designed by him. Ferrari already has a winning car in which Newey had no say.

organic

Helmut Marko said that Adrian stepped away due to a general burnout feeling (loss of motivation).

He also said that he fears that motivation will return and he will be at another team after some time

CHT
CHT

organic wrote:
04 May 2024, 00:16
Helmut Marko said that Adrian stepped away due to a general burnout feeling (loss of motivation).

He also said that he fears that motivation will return and he will be at another team after some time
24 races per season in F1 and all that jetlag its better to feel burnout and quit at the top to than to burnout while struggling.

AN could possible join FIA and take a less stressful role instead of competing
Last edited by CHT on 04 May 2024, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.

organic

organic wrote:
04 May 2024, 00:16

Some quotes from Newey interview with espn
there comes a point where, as Forest Gump said, 'I'm feeling a little bit tired'.
I'm in the very lucky position where I don't need to work to live, I work because I enjoy it and I just felt that now was a good time to take step back, take a bit of a break, take stock of life, go travelling a bit.
With Mandy, my wife and the dogs, probably go travelling, get a motorhome or something and travel down through France and just enjoy life. And maybe at some point, I'll be standing in this air saying this is going to be the next adventure but right now there is no plan.
On Lewis saying Newey is the number one person he wants to work with in F1:
It's very kind of Lewis to say that, I'm very flattered. But at the moment it's just take a bit of a break and see what happens next
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/4007 ... e-break-f1

Dunlay
Dunlay

Newey is leaving because of Horner. Horner is behind Newey's exit. :lol:

Chuckjr

Re: Silly season 2024-2025

Dunlay wrote:
03 May 2024, 11:03
James Vowels is in talks with Newey for a Williams opportunity. =D>

May be he can now own part of he team, which he didn't get and that's why he left back in 90s.
That would be one of the greatest things Newey could ever do. Take part ownership of the team, take full control of the entire aero department, and invest himself fully into the project knowing he will be there likely till he dies as a part owner. Whatever improvement Williams experienced, the vast majority would be attributed to him if he went. What an opportunity. Newey could turn Williams around over 5-8 years and solidify his goat status. Put all nay sayers to sleep. It would be epic epic stuff. Imo, a much tastier option over Ferrari simply because he could be part owner. Big step up from just an employee. He could really do it. [-o<
Watching F1 since 1986.

CHT
CHT

The vibes in the RB garage doesnt look anything like what rumor are speculating about AN negotiating early release to join rival team.

F1 is such a competitive sport, never in history do we get to see entire team and management embracing key technical staff joining rival team. Take Mike Elliott for example we have asked to leave with immediate effect.

LH openly endorsing AN is surely not going to go down well technical team at Ferrari, it only goes to show that LH doesnt think very highly of Ferrari at the moment.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

CHT wrote:
04 May 2024, 05:12
The vibes in the RB garage doesnt look anything like what rumor are speculating about AN negotiating early release to join rival team.

F1 is such a competitive sport, never in history do we get to see entire team and management embracing key technical staff joining rival team. Take Mike Elliott for example we have asked to leave with immediate effect.

LH openly endorsing AN is surely not going to go down well technical team at Ferrari, it only goes to show that LH doesnt think very highly of Ferrari at the moment.
By that reasoning, every team must not think highly of their technical staff since every team would really like to have him. Isn’t it worse then in the eyes of the Ferrari technical team that their own Team Principal met with Newey in London to try and close out a multi million dollar deal to secure his services? Either they see it like that, or they see it as an incredible opportunity to work with one of the legends of the sport.