Sauber granted 2010 grid place!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
C29
C29

Re: Sauber granted 2010 grid place!

Thank you Peter Sauber!

Pandamasque

I'm very happy to see a proper 'racing man' back in F1. I'll be rooting for them next season.

WhiteBlue

Pandamasque wrote:I'm very happy to see a proper 'racing man' back in F1. I'll be rooting for them next season.
+1
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raceman

=D>

me really happy

xpensive
xpensive

WhiteBlue wrote:
xpensive wrote:One has to wonder why BMW didn't see this, for an outsider anyway, rather obvious solution from the beginning?
They were thinking that they would minimize their losses by the sale. Only when it became clear that Stefan GP would take the 13th slot they stopped the dithering and saved the team. It is understandable in a corporation. They saw how Brawn/Merc ripped off Honda and were determine to do better. With their backs to the wall they finally had to give in and accept a much lower price I would say.
I don't subscribe to these kind of after-fabrications, this is just another xample of poor judgement from BMW's side. Instead of sticking with Williams and HP, showing some patience, they had to blame somebody and ran away to Hinwil to make fools of themselves, almost wrecking the Sauber team in the process.

Like Lady Quandt being taken by her gold-digger lover a few years ago, poor judgement.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

gibells
gibells

Do we assume that Sauber will be running Ferrari engines next year, or was that deal with Qadbak? Also is there any chance BMW might stay to supply Sauber for 1 more year?

WhiteBlue

gibells wrote:Do we assume that Sauber will be running Ferrari engines next year, or was that deal with Qadbak? Also is there any chance BMW might stay to supply Sauber for 1 more year?
The BMW board has published their explicit decision not to supply engines to F1 beyond the 2009 season. The decision was taken at the same time when the exit decision from team ownership and the non signature of the Concord agreement was published.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Chaparral

The BMW board has published their explicit decision not to supply engines to F1 beyond the 2009 season. The decision was taken at the same time when the exit decision from team ownership and the non signature of the Concord agreement was published.
And you have documentation of that decision - love to see it
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

WhiteBlue

Chaparral wrote:
And you have documentation of that decision - love to see it
http://www.7-forum.com/news/Hintergr-zu ... -2900.html

Dr. KLaus Draeger:
Die Frage, ob BMW denn in der kommenden Saison als Motorenlieferant in der Formel 1 zur Verfügung stehe, antwortete Draeger mit einem deutlichen „Nein“.
Edit: English quotation here. http://www.autoevolution.com/news/bmw-w ... -9319.html

xpensive
xpensive

Lest we forget, just a couple of weeks ago the BMW board claimed they had sold the F1 team to "Quadbak" or something,
without even making a background check on the scoundrel who took them for a ride.

Only a vigilant Swiss paper saved them from that embarassment, why have faith in anything coming from Munich?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

WhiteBlue wrote:It will be interesting to see what will happen with Intel in F1. I believe their agreement with BMW runs out at the end of this year, but perhaps Sauber can convince them to return on a reduced rate for another year.
I recon that if Sauber can keep ahold of at least 3 or 4 main sponsors for 2010 he will be on course to have a highly effective team behind him. The should try and keep Intel & FXPro for their computer needs both in Hardware and Software form. BUT... With Ferarri running AMD, it may be a bit aqward. If Sauber can keep ahold of T-Systems and Petronas as well, he is very well placed for a well funded and well organised team for 2010.
WhiteBlue wrote:
gibells wrote:Do we assume that Sauber will be running Ferrari engines next year, or was that deal with Qadbak? Also is there any chance BMW might stay to supply Sauber for 1 more year?
Its already been widely reported that the team will run Ferarri engines as Peter Sauber has had the same thing that Ross Brawn & Nick Fry had last year after Hondas announcement. Luca di Montezemolo took him into a room (Haug of Mercedes and Luca Di M were in the same meeting with Brawn & Fry last year) somewhere and sat him down and told him he was getting Ferarri power and they wernt letting the team go down withouut a fighting chance.

And im sure that F1.com wouldnt report false facts: http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 10247.html

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Have I miss understood posts from other threads, but Ferrari powered teams (apart from the works team) get a year old engine or high mileage ones?

WhiteBlue

Confused_Andy wrote:Have I miss understood posts from other threads, but Ferrari powered teams (apart from the works team) get a year old engine or high mileage ones?
If I understand the homologation right all teams are supposed to get the same product by an engine manufacturer. The way the engine integrates with the chassis may have some impact on performance and reliability.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

WhiteBlue wrote:
Confused_Andy wrote:Have I miss understood posts from other threads, but Ferrari powered teams (apart from the works team) get a year old engine or high mileage ones?
If I understand the homologation right all teams are supposed to get the same product by an engine manufacturer. The way the engine integrates with the chassis may have some impact on performance and reliability.
WhiteBlue, i think you have it correct there. All engines have to be to same spec no matter what the team. The only diffrence is that Ferarri may have a or few things that make the performance of the 056 a little better, such as installation, cooling needs and gearbox.

Another differenciator with the current 8 engine rule is the fact that one team may have a engine with a race on the engine, and have decided to use that engine later in the season, so therefore wont have say a part that could give a 4bhp advantage, where as a team with the same engine supply could run one thats just been rebuilt and had said part or has just came fresh of the assembly line and is just about to be used for the very first time in anger. That can happen.

Thats the way that it was decribed on BBC 5Live by Anthony Davidsion during practice sessions last year.

audifan
audifan

well done BMW , I may be an audifan but am pleased to see that you finally got this correct !