Is lola going down?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
conni
conni

Is lola going down?

I had a call tonight from a mate saying that lola have brought in a consultant to try to help them make money and they are talking of redundancies too

conni
Last edited by Steven on 28 Jan 2010, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rewrote the slang topic title

Mystery Steve
Mystery Steve

Re: R lola going down?

Is it really that much trouble to type out "are," especially considering the correct word would be "is"?

Maybe they are having troubles, but a lot of companies are as well. Although the hiring of a financial consultant doesn't necessarily indicate doom and gloom. They could just be looking to reevaluate their financial structure. Who does Lola supply these days anyway?

roost89
roost89

Mystery Steve wrote:Maybe they are having troubles, but a lot of companies are as well. Although the hiring of a financial consultant doesn't necessarily indicate doom and gloom. They could just be looking to reevaluate their financial structure. Who does Lola supply these days anyway?
LMP1 (open and coupé) and LMP2(open and coupé) for both LMS series.
Daytona Prototype
A historical racer (Can-am era)
they have a single seater and a track day car

In total they're producing 8 types of car for 10 past 8 (2010)
http://lolacars.com/race_cars_projects.asp
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

wesley123
wesley123

i have big doubts in the fact that Lola is having money problems, see how they can develop their current LMp1 and LMP2, how many teams use those cars etc. If there were such big question marks at Lola they wouldnt have developped the cars, and even if they still kept developping they wouldnt develop it to a closed prototype
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

conni
conni

Mystery Steve wrote:Is it really that much trouble to type out "are," especially considering the correct word would be "is"?

Maybe they are having troubles, but a lot of companies are as well. Although the hiring of a financial consultant doesn't necessarily indicate doom and gloom. They could just be looking to reevaluate their financial structure. Who does Lola supply these days anyway?
Perhaps you should have written
Maybe they are having trouble NOT troubles!! :o
and it would have read better if you had written
Maybe they are having financial problems #-o

conni

Richard
Richard

conni wrote: ....
Awesome - pick an argument in your first few posts!

When I first started work (with a v traditional firm) I was carefully taught that writing to a partnership was "Dear sirs", but a company was "Dear sir".

Pandamasque

Re: Is lola going down?

That's strange. Lola is THE leading constructor apart from Audi and Peugeot in Le Mans prototypes nowadays. They are expected to do even better in 2010.

Roger the knife

Sounds like typical 2010 businees pratice, reduce overheads, increase efficiency, find new markets and products, I don't think it's a portent of Lola's demise

Mystery Steve
Mystery Steve

conni wrote:
Mystery Steve wrote:Is it really that much trouble to type out "are," especially considering the correct word would be "is"?

Perhaps you should have written
Maybe they are having trouble NOT troubles!! :o
and it would have read better if you had written
Maybe they are having financial problems #-o

conni
Thank you, smartass. There is a difference between colloquialisms and blatant laziness, you know.

conni
conni

Roger the knife wrote:Sounds like typical 2010 businees pratice, reduce overheads, increase efficiency, find new markets and products, I don't think it's a portent of Lola's demise
I agree with you I was just asking not stating

conni

conni
conni

i was right its gone down the shitter in the last 2 months 70 people are gone nearly all the proper laminators have been laid off only got a few lamis and the rest are polish slaves

i told yer BUT YOU ALL KNOW BETTER as your sitting in yer arm chairs like a bunch of no it alls but lets face it u know --- all but you like to make out that you do

conni

Pandamasque

Tell us more about the Polish slaves.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ZPAm-K2WY[/youtube]

conni
conni

they are the exploited that work for minimal wages you may have seen it in the news

conni

Mystery Steve
Mystery Steve

conni wrote: i told yer BUT YOU ALL KNOW BETTER as your sitting in yer arm chairs like a bunch of no it alls but lets face it u know --- all but you like to make out that you do
I don't know if I can argue against such eloquent prose, but no one said that Lola wasn't "going down." Some people just indicated that it would be surprising if they were given how much business they have. You have a link to a story on this, or did you here this from your mate?

BTW, laying people off doesn't mean a company is tanking. They make be restructuring, as already mentioned.

nosh
nosh

i thought that lola had a fair bit of work other than motorsport that they do. From what i heard via the midweek motorsport show a while back, lola generate over half their income from defense and aerospace stuff. Maybe they are moving to become a mainly defense contractor instead of a constuctor.