2011 Ferrari - Alonso, and?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Re: 2011 Ferrari - Alonso, and?

Not to mention the two front-runners for Massa's job are front row starters :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Ditch Alonso.

Get Schumacher back to partner Massa. One of the best pairings in a team since Berger and Alesi. Massa was an excellent number 2 driver and team player when he had to be. Unlike his predecessor (Barrichello), he didn't have a public hissy fit every 10 minutes. Massa could race, and beat, Schumacher on his day.

lebesset
lebesset

silly season ending early this year ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

sunny1304
sunny1304

andrew wrote:Ditch Alonso.

Get Schumacher back to partner Massa. One of the best pairings in a team since Berger and Alesi. Massa was an excellent number 2 driver and team player when he had to be. Unlike his predecessor (Barrichello), he didn't have a public hissy fit every 10 minutes. Massa could race, and beat, Schumacher on his day.
why Ferrari should keep such a driver who need another driver's support to perform well ???

another mistake from Ferrari...keeping massa for 2 more years. :evil:

ringo

Massa signed till 2012. Sounds good to me. :lol:
For Sure!!

Donuts

I'm kind of satisfied that RK is not going to leave Renault for Ferrari!=)
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

Fil

Robert_Kubica wrote:I'm kind of satisfied that RK is not going to leave Renault for Ferrari!=)
..yet. :wink:

Unless he has a multiple race-winning Renault by 2013, i believe Kubica's next team will be Ferrari.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I'm happy for Massa, this new renewal of his contract validates his worth. Unless something unexpected and weird happens, this solidifies the Ferrari lineup for the next two years. For the team, this is a good thing because they have two known factors in their drivers, and can focus the car.

The signing of massa does raise the big question of Kubica. There have been strong rumors Ferrari have been seeking his services, and unless there is some kind of weird hidden contract as done by Kimi, Kubica is not going to Ferrari.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

TheRMVR

I'm really unhappy that they decided to keep Massa another 2 years. There are so many good drivers out there that are the future. Massa has been valuable to Ferrari but I don't think he will ever get out of Alonso's shadow. And we all know what that does to Massa's racepace.

I would love to see Vettel, Rosberg or maybe even Kubica there. Vettel should stay at RBR now that they're at the top of their game but Rosberg would've been a good choice. Incredibly quick, doesn't make a lot of mistakes and is so eager to learn and win.

Fil

RM, the other drivers are all under contract for 2011/12.
Ferrari really only had the choice of the status quo, or getting into a lengthy bidding war, with Renault, for Kubica (potentially destroying their relationship with Felipe if Kubica chose Renault).

DaveKillens wrote:There have been strong rumors Ferrari have been seeking [Kubica's] services..
Kubica confirmed he was approached by Ferrari, whilst still under contract to BMW, to temporarily replace Massa post-Hungary in 09.

He is most definitely on their to-do list.

But you are right Dave, this is great news for Massa. He's done little wrong for Ferrari over his years of service, often picking up the pieces when the #1 driver has made mistakes. So really, there was no reason for replacing him at this stage.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

raymondu999

Doesn't Ferrari usually hire winners though? Rosberg hasn't won yet... I read an assessment some time ago on Ferrari's hiring habits. They noted that Ferrari usually hire racewinners... future champions, and rarely hire champions. But when they do hire a champion, it's usually someone special. And something special usually comes out. Remember the last time they did that and just focused the team on him?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

Fil wrote:
Robert_Kubica wrote:I'm kind of satisfied that RK is not going to leave Renault for Ferrari!=)
..yet. :wink:

Unless he has a multiple race-winning Renault by 2013, i believe Kubica's next team will be Ferrari.
I agree! Let's wait and see, this Renault F1 team is looking more and more like a real racing team! Next couple(three) of races will show who's going to be in and who's going to be out!
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

andrew
andrew

Good that they are keeping Massa. Means I can continue to support Ferrari until the end of 2012. :mrgreen:

donskar
donskar

Ferrari always seems to have its next driver already under some sort of flexible contract. I think we'll see Kubica in a red car within 18 months.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

andrew
andrew

I think the real question is, how long will Alonso stick around? He has been a bit vocal at time on his displeasure at some aspects in Ferrari.