Kangaroo tv devices

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
tf1
tf1

Kangaroo tv devices

At the past few races I've been to, I've been using a device called a kangaroo tv. This is probably one of the absolutely most useful things I've seen outside of being in the pitside trucks (the paddock is actually quite useless during a race as it does not afford a good view of the track at many tracks). The company is offering free previews of the device at most of the races this year. You have to go quite early to line up at their booth to get one. But it is REALLY worth it.

It allows you to see the tv feeds for both the regular race as well as the in car cams (only certain cars at a time) as well as hear some pit radio stuff. You can also keep track of stats like lap times, current position and other stuff. All in real time (well 1-2 sec delay). At hockenheim I still got a signal way over in the non-grandstand seating areas. It's already used extensively in NASCAR so the technology is relatively mature. They're still fine tuning for F1.

Anyways, I really highly recommend it for anyone going to races this year. Next year they're going to start charging for it. Even then, it is worth it. I'd even rather get free seating tickets and pay for the rental rather than get a grandstand seat.

fwa2500

i saw them at Indy for the USGP, but they were charging $25 for the day......needless to say, i didnt get one.......though, i cant complain about missing action, JV's engine blew up right infront of me (literally).....was on the outside of turn 7....

your lucky though that you have access to the working side of F1...i could only dream to have access like that even for just one race.....