Red Bull camber adjusters?

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
AlpineF1
AlpineF1

Red Bull camber adjusters?

hi

i've been hearing about these camber adjusters red bull are apparently working i know what they will do to race pace but how would they work and how long would it take to adjust in a pit stop

heres a picture
thanks Cameron
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

olefud
olefud

Re: Red Bull camber adjusters?

One possibility is a bushing with offset or canted axes that would move the axis of rotation when rotated. Google US Patent 4420272 for more details.

autogyro
autogyro

Very interesting. Does this mean that Adrian has run out of aero tricks at the rear end?
Fine tuning mechanical set up on the fly seems to hint at it.

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Camber shims and the like are not exactly new technology, nor particularly fancy. Furthermore Red Bull have liked working with aggressive camber settings before (and good on them for it). If something happens during the race, be it a short stint or a different tread compound and you feel like you can get away with running more aggressive camber - why not?

Don't necessarily think it has anything to do with whether or not there are "aero tricks" yet to be found. You have parallel development all over the car - and if this is a tool to make them more competitive during a race... why wouldn't you do it?
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.