Ralf Schumacher is one of the top three F1 drivers

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RH1300S
RH1300S

Ralf Schumacher is one of the top three F1 drivers

Or - so he says! Discuss :lol:

I'd love to know how he figures that one out.

Shall we start with good old David Coulthard IMHO far better than Ralph. From there you can build a helluva list that moves him quite a long way down.

dumrick
dumrick

Self-confidence is required to succeed.
But sure is not enough, as this example clearly shows. :D
Last edited by dumrick on 09 Mar 2007, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

zac510
zac510

He's going to get murdered on the internet forums.

Tom

Oh yes, I'm going to enjoy this. Surely Ralfy is forgetting Kimi, Fernando and Fellipe, most peoples top three, then the Honda drivers, Lewis and Hekki will be ahead of him, DC of course, even Giancarlo, his team mate isn't bad either although little between them, The list is endless, in fact younger brother is around the bottom 3.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

dumrick
dumrick

Tom wrote:in fact younger brother is around the bottom 3.
Nope, I rate him in the top 22!!! :D

Sawtooth-spike

They missed abit of the quote

I am one of the Top 3 drivers ... at toyota.

Come on Ralf since day one you have had one skill nobody else has even come close to. thats is being able to crash into his team mates.

did anybody pick him in the fantasy F1 team last year? or even this year?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

waynes
waynes

Ralf is by far one of the most overrated drivers to ever grace the F1 grid

file alongside Coulthard

f1.redbaron

Sawtooth-spike wrote: I am one of the Top 3 drivers ... at toyota.
's F1 team :D

Is he going by the number of wins amongst the current F1 drivers? If so, he should be 4th (after Alonso, Coulthard (whom he had probably discarded), Kimi). Am I missing somebody?

whiplash

Is he putting an act together for the stand-up comedy circuit

m3_lover

I think he meant to say bottom three and not top three. You know how reporteres sometimes misquote
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Venom
Venom

Is this a joke?
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

basrawi
basrawi

the full story :lol:, He wants to compare himself with Michael !!!
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/03/ ... e_drivers/
M Basrawi

waynes
waynes

seriously i do not understand how e's commanding such high wages plus i believe he's holding toyota back

no love lost were he's concerned

Sawtooth-spike

the hi Wage come with the little bit that comes after Ralf.

On his day he can have moments where he looks like his brother. But he is SO lazy, i think toyota make it to easy for there drivers to fail, they pay them loads and there jobs seem safe, so why push hard when ur being paid silly money
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

vyselegend

It seems we all agree that Ralf is overrated, at least in terms of salary.

But I feel he's also "over-bashed" especially on internet. Let's not forget that, as much as we can mock him, or fisico and some others, those guys would certainly make the best of us bite the dust in any type of race. They are formula one drivers after all. Plus, those "often mocked" drivers are most of times the nicest guys of the field, and most of times show signs of self-doubting. Which means bashing them is a bit cruel. (lol I sound as a moralist, yet I'm often the first one to bash them) :twisted:

Concerning his comments, I don't think he said that to the press on his own. He was probably told to say that type of things by his manager, Just like Giancarlo told he was confident for the title a few times ago. Don't forget also this press release occurs just after he made some bad comments about the car, speaking about "a catastrophic preparation to the season". Toyota obviously didn't like it, so now it's time for ambitious comments and arrogance, to boost the team mood and it's image, one week away of first GP.