Punishments

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Punishments

stefan_ wrote:But then again, it's easy to say "Maldonado is an idiot, ban him" only considering his past events.
Guess we could say that about everyone ever then. Yes, such things can happen from time to time, but with Maldonado you can be surprised when he has a race where he doesn't collide with someone else. Hardly any of those incidents can actually be attributed to an racing accident. And even if we could, it still would happen way too often.

Maldonado should have received a race ban a long, long time ago. But I guess since he won't get any, can we suggest that F1 should be fitted with bull bars from now on? I found the flip Guttierez had to be quite exciting to watch, and isn't that something everyone has been looking for in F1?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

wesley123 wrote:
stefan_ wrote:But then again, it's easy to say "Maldonado is an idiot, ban him" only considering his past events.
Guess we could say that about everyone ever then. Yes, such things can happen from time to time, but with Maldonado you can be surprised when he has a race where he doesn't collide with someone else. Hardly any of those incidents can actually be attributed to an racing accident. And even if we could, it still would happen way too often.

Maldonado should have received a race ban a long, long time ago. But I guess since he won't get any, can we suggest that F1 should be fitted with bull bars from now on? I found the flip Guttierez had to be quite exciting to watch, and isn't that something everyone has been looking for in F1?
no not at all actually, becuase when the camera suddenly showd a mangled sauber, esteban looked like he wasn't that well at all. to be honest, i feared something was seriously wrong, i was happy to see him climbing out after a while.

maldonado is a wrecking ball that really needs to get his brain checked. this wasn't the only contact during the race. he hammered into jean eric vergne causing him to enter the pits. Vergne said 'he was trying to kill me'. That doesn't come from nothing. The guiterrez contact was seriously dangerous. it was absolutely rediculous.

He just slammed into a corner where there was no room. As if guiterez wasn't there, but he was. Out of the pits with cold tires. and like said, not a single wheel locked. he didnt even respond. I'd like to see telemetry regarding this incident.

Maldo stating he doesn't see anything wrong with his actions and that esteban was driving off the line was a lunatic reply.
Esteban can drive however he want, he was in front.

I really was hoping for a black flag, didn't happen. A stop and go and 5 place grid penalty are way to weak. Concidering he had contact with JEV before, and the way he dunked into that corner a grosjean-ban was much in place.

And indeed, he has a long history of these destruction derby-style driving. in his F1 past, his GP2 past, etc etc etc.
You can't just take that away.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

stefan_
stefan_

I think one of the big mistakes was letting him go away with that incident at Monaco some years ago.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

stefan_ wrote:I think one of the big mistakes was letting him go away with that incident at Monaco some years ago.
He would never had made it to F1 if that lifetime ban at Monaco had stuck. It was only overturned because of his financial backing.

On the topic of punishments, when was the last time a black flag was used?

mertol

I expect wieners to grow on more areas of the cars next season to stop them from flipping instead of removing the idiots from the sport...

Jolle
Jolle

Diesel wrote:
stefan_ wrote:I think one of the big mistakes was letting him go away with that incident at Monaco some years ago.
He would never had made it to F1 if that lifetime ban at Monaco had stuck. It was only overturned because of his financial backing.

On the topic of punishments, when was the last time a black flag was used?
I think that was Schumacher at the British GP of 94 because he overtook pole man Hill at the start of the warmup lap?

Don't remember ever seen one since...

Waywardism
Waywardism

wesley123 wrote:

Maybe they should replace Maldonado's front wing with a snow plough?

In all seriousness the man is an idiot and a danger on track, it's only a matter of time before he injures someone (again).

idfx

The FIA ​​should hire a professional psychology and assist driver.
That helped Grosjean focus on your future.
----------

gray41

At the start of every season I want to give Pastor another chance, because it seems like no one else will but every time he has the ability to do something totally ridiculous.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Consider any given season a clean slate. For this incident.. yes, appropriate consequence. Another equally amateur move this year? Park him.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.