Will Hamilton quit Merc if he doesnt win WDC?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
adrianjordan

Re: Will Hamilton quit Merc if he doesnt win WDC?

gray41 wrote:Do people forget he just won 4 on the bounce prior to Monaco, who's to say he won't win the next 5? Which will make threads like this look pretty stupid.
Yeah, he's only a handful of points behind despite a dnf and we have double points in the final race. I think a dnf for Rosberg and it's game over...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

MercedesAMGSpy

As I said Hamilton is in a good position, because he won ''Rosberg tracks'' Bahrain and Spain and only lost in Monaco. His fav circuits are coming up, so he has a good chance to take the lead again.

60DShim
60DShim

Why do people seem to forget that Hamilton won 4 in a row and had a DNF. Nico hasn't had a DNF and is only 4 points ahead of Lewis. Canada is next, arguably one of his best tracks. Lewis beat Nico on his favorite tracks except Monaco which is an easy win from pole. This thread doesn't really make much sense based on those facts.

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

Lewis is world champion material. Rosberg is not yet. Lewis had it not been for the DNF he would have been 5-1 at tracks that are not similar. Lewis has the edge although for some it looks close...
If Lewis wins the next two, it's clear that he is the guy to put your money on. Mercedes has the luxury to play the equal terms game. If Redbull or Ferrari were fast enough to challenge Mercedes then Mercedes would sing a different tune.
To me Lewis should have the upper hand. He should stamp his authority. He is the fastest. If hamilton does a new streak of wins the next 3 races...rosberg is simply gone. But I am a ferrari guy and this is we ferrari fans see things.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Kingshark
Kingshark

mika vs michael wrote:Lewis is world champion material. Rosberg is not yet. Lewis had it not been for the DNF he would have been 5-1 at tracks that are not similar.
How can you know for sure? If Lewis had retired on the formation lap of the 2012 Australian GP, no doubt that most people would have guessed that = based on Button's pace - he'd have won the race without his misfortune. In real life he only finished 3rd.

adrianjordan

Kingshark wrote:
mika vs michael wrote:Lewis is world champion material. Rosberg is not yet. Lewis had it not been for the DNF he would have been 5-1 at tracks that are not similar.
How can you know for sure? If Lewis had retired on the formation lap of the 2012 Australian GP, no doubt that most people would have guessed that = based on Button's pace - he'd have won the race without his misfortune. In real life he only finished 3rd.
They can't know. But this year's Mercedes has a much bigger advantage than the 2012 McLaren had, so saying that he would have won is a safer prediction...but nothing more than a guess at heart.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

CHT
CHT

JB certainly have shown that LH can be beaten and there is no reason to believe that Rosberg is a slower driver than button.

MercedesAMGSpy

CHT wrote:JB certainly have shown that LH can be beaten and there is no reason to believe that Rosberg is a slower driver than button.
Well, then it's time for Rosberg to beat Hamilton without a Q3 debacle or a DNF, because that's the two occasions he ''beated'' Lewis this season.

Gaz.
Gaz.

It seems some are almost wishing for Mercedes and Hamilton in particular to trip over.

This is nothing like Alonso at Mclaren in 2007 either. If you wrote the entire history of Mclaren's 2007 season and said 'the two drivers didn't shake hands after Alonso's victory in Monte Carlo' people would just scan read past it while they found the juicy bits like blackmailing the boss, being involved in industrial espionage, blatantly screwing your team mate while bad mouthing the entire team at every other press conference, especially at Indianapolis & Silverstone, the refusal to share data from mid season and parting ways with no severance before the team getting fined $100m...

In comparison Hamilton wanted to pit a lap early but would not go against his team and duck in on his own accord and the drivers have barely looked at each other in two race weekends... Come on even JB & Sergio had bigger tiffs than this last year.

There's a lot of wishful thinking going on here imo.
Forza Jules

mnmracer
mnmracer

MercedesAMGSpy wrote:
CHT wrote:JB certainly have shown that LH can be beaten and there is no reason to believe that Rosberg is a slower driver than button.
Well, then it's time for Rosberg to beat Hamilton without a Q3 debacle or a DNF, because that's the two occasions he ''beated'' Lewis this season.
Button has also shown Hamilton can be beaten even if he's qualified better.

The entire balance between the two pairings is completely different. Button usually was either much faster or much slower. Rosberg on average is much closer even if he's been beat more often.

MercedesAMGSpy

mnmracer wrote:
MercedesAMGSpy wrote:
Button has also shown Hamilton can be beaten even if he's qualified better.

The entire balance between the two pairings is completely different. Button usually was either much faster or much slower. Rosberg on average is much closer even if he's been beat more often.
At the end of the season it doesn't matter if he is closer or not, beaten is beaten. And Hamilton had some more convincing victories than Rosberg.

Stradivarius
Stradivarius

MercedesAMGSpy wrote: At the end of the season it doesn't matter if he is closer or not, beaten is beaten. And Hamilton had some more convincing victories than Rosberg.
Does it matter at the end of the season, who had more convincing victories? As far as I am aware, the only thing that matters is the points. And currently Rosberg has 122 of them, to Hamilton's 118. Of course, Hamilton probably lost 18 or 25 points in Australia due to his DNF, and that is a fair point to make. But not because it matters at the end of the season why he lost those points.

I agree that Hamilton's victories in Malaysia and China were more convincing than Rosberg's victories. However, his victories in Bahrain and Barcelona were less convincing, in my opinion.

beelsebob
beelsebob

18 or 32 (because rosberg would have lost 7). But you're right. What matters is who has the most points at the end of the season.

CHT
CHT

beelsebob wrote:18 or 32 (because rosberg would have lost 7). But you're right. What matters is who has the most points at the end of the season.
the double point at abu dhabi will be the jackpot, and we will get to see which one will crack first.

MercedesAMGSpy

CHT wrote:
beelsebob wrote:18 or 32 (because rosberg would have lost 7). But you're right. What matters is who has the most points at the end of the season.
the double point at abu dhabi will be the jackpot, and we will get to see which one will crack first.
I hope Lewis can build a gap, so Abu Dhabi won't decide the championship. On a positive note, Abu Dhabi is a better track for Lewis than Brazil.