MotoGP 2014

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
mikeerfol

Re: MotoGP 2014

Just look at the time the video was posted ;)

Andres125sx

hollus wrote:Look in the back, in the outer edge of the track: Fence, fence, white, red, bag, bag, bag. Pics 1 and 2 are as a minimum out of sequence, and in pic 3, he has magically lifted himself in almost no space. This is clearly a mix and match of pics.
Disagree, pictures 1 and 2 are taken on a straight line as the bike line is moving away from the photographer, while on picture 3 the line of the bike is sideways respect the photographer.

Picture 2 is a little bit to the left respect picture 1, but the cameraman only had to move a tad. While picture 3 he needed to move right much more because of the bike line

Don´t see anything weird on the sequence, apart from Marquez impressive save :mrgreen:

OTOH, if this would be a mix of pictures, this would be punishable as a scam. I don´t think any photographer would risk his own reputations doing such a scam and putting his name on the pictures, or the website itself. If the scam have some success, someone would ask the driver about the incident and he´d say he never did such a maneouver, and the photographer would be revealed as a scammer

eniacon

Haters gonna hate...the kid low sided mid-run with warm tyres, the bike washed a few metres wide of its original line, he kept the throttle on and lifted the bike back up when the front regripped. End of.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Pretty sad that the most activity this thread has had recently is over some picture and whether or not it is authentic - more contribution to this thread about genuine motoGP stuff would be much preferred, because whether or not the picture is real or not doesn't really matter because nobody is denying MM is amazing or that he hasn't in the past made unbelievable saves.

Annoying how easy a thread can be derailed.

Andres125sx

JimClarkFan wrote:Pretty sad that the most activity this thread has had recently is over some picture and whether or not it is authentic - more contribution to this thread about genuine motoGP stuff would be much preferred, because whether or not the picture is real or not doesn't really matter because nobody is denying MM is amazing or that he hasn't in the past made unbelievable saves.

How many saves like that have you ever seen?

It´s an amazing maneouver, maybe even first time someone do it when his shoulder already was dragging the tarmac, and this is MotoGP, so I don´t think the thread is derailed at all

And here you didn´t bother talking about the save
JimClarkFan wrote:He didn't save it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xKHTwpTx61k

I think they threw a few pictures together to suggest he did, unless of course those pictures are another run at the same corner, however the characteristic tyre marks suggest the first 2 pictures are from the fall, and the third picture is another attempt which he managed to save. Taken together it makes him look like a superhuman, but as far as I can tell, they are two separate incidents...
You´ve already proved you don´t want to buy it, ok. But some of us differ and enjoy analyzing if it´s real or not.

Do we get your approval?

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Andres125sx wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:Pretty sad that the most activity this thread has had recently is over some picture and whether or not it is authentic - more contribution to this thread about genuine motoGP stuff would be much preferred, because whether or not the picture is real or not doesn't really matter because nobody is denying MM is amazing or that he hasn't in the past made unbelievable saves.

How many saves like that have you ever seen?

It´s an amazing maneouver, maybe even first time someone do it when his shoulder already was dragging the tarmac, and this is MotoGP, so I don´t think the thread is derailed at all

And here you didn´t bother talking about the save
JimClarkFan wrote:He didn't save it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xKHTwpTx61k

I think they threw a few pictures together to suggest he did, unless of course those pictures are another run at the same corner, however the characteristic tyre marks suggest the first 2 pictures are from the fall, and the third picture is another attempt which he managed to save. Taken together it makes him look like a superhuman, but as far as I can tell, they are two separate incidents...
You´ve already proved you don´t want to buy it, ok. But some of us differ and enjoy analyzing if it´s real or not.

Do we get your approval?
This is the problem with too many people on this board, they can't accept a difference in opinion - you also have not taken into consideration that I might have changed my mind.

But instead of letting it go, and moving on, you continue to write essays.

I'm not responding anymore.

Andres125sx

JimClarkFan wrote:This is the problem with too many people on this board, they can't accept a difference in opinion
It´s not me who complained about others discussion
JimClarkFan wrote:you also have not taken into consideration that I might have changed my mind.
I can´t if your only statement about the subject is posting a video trying to show he didn´t save it, and then say it really doesn´t matter
JimClarkFan wrote:But instead of letting it go, and moving on, you continue to write essays.
I could argue the same about you...
JimClarkFan wrote:Pretty sad that the most activity this thread has had recently is over some picture
[...]
more contribution to this thread about genuine motoGP stuff would be much preferred
[...]
whether or not the picture is real or not doesn't really matter
[...]
This is a forum, you don´t need to enjoy every single discussion, if you don´t like it just ignore and let it go. I enjoy analyzing this sort of thing and found your post a bit patronizing saying the discussion is sad, it´s OT, and trying to say what should we talk about or not

Anycase I´ll stop here too, have a good day :)

hollus

Andres125sx wrote:
hollus wrote:Look in the back, in the outer edge of the track: Fence, fence, white, red, bag, bag, bag. Pics 1 and 2 are as a minimum out of sequence, and in pic 3, he has magically lifted himself in almost no space. This is clearly a mix and match of pics.
Disagree, pictures 1 and 2 are taken on a straight line as the bike line is moving away from the photographer, while on picture 3 the line of the bike is sideways respect the photographer.

Picture 2 is a little bit to the left respect picture 1, but the cameraman only had to move a tad. While picture 3 he needed to move right much more because of the bike line

Don´t see anything weird on the sequence, apart from Marquez impressive save :mrgreen:

OTOH, if this would be a mix of pictures, this would be punishable as a scam. I don´t think any photographer would risk his own reputations doing such a scam and putting his name on the pictures, or the website itself. If the scam have some success, someone would ask the driver about the incident and he´d say he never did such a maneouver, and the photographer would be revealed as a scammer
I stand corrected, I was fooled by him "leaning" to the right. In the first picture the tire marks are still moving to the left , so it is normal that in the second picture he is positioned a bit more to the left. If I had paid enough attention I'd had noticed the continuity of the tire mark from pic1 to pic2.
Rivals, not enemies.

NathanOlder

All of the photos I have seen from the test was Marquez was riding the 2015 bike. In black. Maybe monday morning he was out on the 2014 Respol machine.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:All of the photos I have seen from the test was Marquez was riding the 2015 bike. In black. Maybe monday morning he was out on the 2014 Respol machine.
He rode with 2014 bike in the morning to learn and solve the problems he had in race

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/18/motor/m ... 1408881724

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Forgot to bring this up, but was anyone else super impressed wit ianone last weekend? He gets his hands on a factory bike, puts it on the front row and beats dovi in the race

Minusprevious

Just joined the forum & found this thread. Been watching the full season & have enjoyed it

Great to see Ducati making gains. Some frame news arriving very soon

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/mo ... oon-082814
E85 Powered 400 WHP Mitsubishi EVO Track Day Car

Pro Jesus / John 9:25 Though I was blind, Now I See

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Game on, great quali... Did anyone see Hernandez? Hollleeee fooook, never ever seen anyone throw a bike around a track like that

Juzh

quick recap maybe? didn't catch it. Why is marq in 4th place?

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Juzh wrote:quick recap maybe? didn't catch it. Why is marq in 4th place?
No reason, he was beaten on pace.

The hondas are falling back, the Yamahas seem to have put a lot of work into their bikes, there is a clear trend of improvement these past few races. Jorge has found his grove again, and Rossi is hanging of his bike more than I have ever seen imitating the MM and the moto2 style of riding. Rossi did a few runs in FP4, and it was unbelievably quick and consistent - and it didn't seem hard.

The ducati is also much improved, 1 lap pace looks great, Dovi arguably should have been p3-4th but he messed up his exit on the last corner of the last lap in quali. They have put some serious work into that bike, it looks a lot better.

MM doesn't look invincible anymore, the pack have been hounding him and today is the first day he seemed to be swamped by the other top riders and the other factory teams who appear to have made up that ground lost to honda at the beginning of the year

I think the MM reign is coming to an end. He still looks special, but the other guys are right there with him.

If you can find any footage of Yonny Hernandez this weekend have a look at it, what he was doing on that pramac ducati in FP4 and quali was unbelievable. I have never seen anyone ride a bike that loose, even MM.