MotoGP 2014

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
mikeerfol

Re: MotoGP 2014

JimClarkFan wrote:
Does that mean he is getting the same spec bike as cal?

I think he will show cal up
I'm not sure.. I think Crutchlow will be on the same bike Bradl is now, I don't know 100%..

eniacon

mikeerfol wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:
Does that mean he is getting the same spec bike as cal?

I think he will show cal up
I'm not sure.. I think Crutchlow will be on the same bike Bradl is now, I don't know 100%..
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/207084 ... o-far.html

Cal on Factory Honda, Jack on Open Class.

Very doubtful Jack will 'show cal up'.

Juzh

eniacon wrote: Very doubtful Jack will 'show cal up'.
Cal has been so underwhelming this year compared to dovi it's been a pain to watch.

eniacon

Juzh wrote:
eniacon wrote: Very doubtful Jack will 'show cal up'.
Cal has been so underwhelming this year compared to dovi it's been a pain to watch.

Agreed. Probably won't see him smiling again until the Valencia testing begins after the race.

To say he's lost his way is an understatement!!Image

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

^ lol

Cal's bike for next year is not a true factory bike, it might be from the Honda factory team but it is nonsense to think that it is capable of running with the Hondas or Yamaha... there has been much debate about this on other forums and the consensus is that it's factory in name, but in reality it is some way off the real factory bikes.

Cal said something this year which in my view didn't put him in a very good light... he said that ''the Ducati's required a different riding style and I'm not changing my riding style'' - or something along those lines. I understand what he means, the bike isn't so great and that Ducati should improve the bike first which would allow him to demonstrate it's speed rather than forcing him to change his style. The problem is that both Ianone and Dovi are trying to make the best of what they have got and are making him look bad at the moment. In fact I believe it has already been confirmed that it is Ianone, not Cal who is getting the upgrades... in effect Cal no longer has the newest iteration of the factory bike, Dovi and Ianone do.

Cal also mentioned that Ianone has had to drastically change his style for the Ducati, the problem is the front end of the Ducati wants to wash out as you are coming off the brakes and onto the throttle. Ianone has been overlapping the brake and throttle mid corner to exit, and has been using the brakes to keep weight over the front tyre and then slowly applying throttle so he can control the load on the front better. It is the change from brakes on to brakes off that appear to be hurting them mid corner - amongst other things.

eniacon

JimClarkFan wrote:^ lol

Cal's bike for next year is not a true factory bike, it might be from the Honda factory team but it is nonsense to think that it is capable of running with the Hondas or Yamaha... there has been much debate about this on other forums and the consensus is that it's factory in name, but in reality it is some way off the real factory bikes.

Cal said something this year which in my view didn't put him in a very good light... he said that ''the Ducati's required a different riding style and I'm not changing my riding style'' - or something along those lines. I understand what he means, the bike isn't so great and that Ducati should improve the bike first which would allow him to demonstrate it's speed rather than forcing him to change his style. The problem is that both Ianone and Dovi are trying to make the best of what they have got and are making him look bad at the moment. In fact I believe it has already been confirmed that it is Ianone, not Cal who is getting the upgrades... in effect Cal no longer has the newest iteration of the factory bike, Dovi and Ianone do.

Cal also mentioned that Ianone has had to drastically change his style for the Ducati, the problem is the front end of the Ducati wants to wash out as you are coming off the brakes and onto the throttle. Ianone has been overlapping the brake and throttle mid corner to exit, and has been using the brakes to keep weight over the front tyre and then slowly applying throttle so he can control the load on the front better. It is the change from brakes on to brakes off that appear to be hurting them mid corner - amongst other things.
Yeah you're spot on with everything you mentioned...hard to believe that the upgrades to the Duc can put Dovi 30 seconds ahead of Cal over a race distance and within touching distance of the podium.

On another note, pity we're not getting to see Jonny Rea on the LCR next year.

SectorOne

KTM to enter MotoGP in ´17, but not as a factory team.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115909

So in 2017 you´ll have Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, KTM, Ducati and Aprilia.

Now just need BMW Motorrad to stop by the series.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Andres125sx

bdr529 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: I remember once that Doohan tryed a similar save, but coudn´t. I thought "nice try, but that´s not possible".
I could be mistaken, but I think Hayden saved one back in 06-07 ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37sl4YI-aYE
How true!

Thanks for posting, didn´t remind that one :D

He´s Colin Edwards tough :P

Yesterday I watched Misano race (have it recorded) and they put on the pre-race the full sequence of the save by Marquez. The full sequence is 12 pictures opposite to the link we had been disscusing about where they only put 3 of them.

Did a search and found this nice sequence:

Andres125sx

Marquez tried to save the crash at Misano same way, you can see how he kept the bike in the correct direction raising the bike till the front tire made contact with tarmac again preventing the bike from spinning once it was on the tarmac, almost like a car´s ESP :mrgreen: but he´d have needed more speed, not enough inertia to raise the bike again.

Impressive race by Rossi btw, I agree Lorenzo´s mistake with the hard front tyre played a big role on his victory, but it was nice to see the doctor winning again... specially at Misano =D>

Shrieker

JimClarkFan wrote: Absolute rubbish

While it may sound far fetched, ecclestone or ezpeleta wouldn't exactly be the first people i'd trust my ar5e with. Remember how him and jarvis blatantly sabotaged Ben Spies to bring Rossi back on board. Those f@cking a55holes...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

A couple of reasons.

The first is that if you seen free practise 4 Rossi was just on it start to finish. I haven't seen him ride like that for years, maybe ever, he was right on the edge and had me wincing as he threw the bike around. I and the commentators thought he looked in contention to win the race based in that performance.

The second point is Jorge has won here 3 years in a row, it isn't a track that Honda has won at recently.

bdr529

Andres125sx wrote:
bdr529 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: I remember once that Doohan tryed a similar save, but coudn´t. I thought "nice try, but that´s not possible".
I could be mistaken, but I think Hayden saved one back in 06-07 ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37sl4YI-aYE
How true!
Thanks for posting, didn´t remind that one :D
He´s Colin Edwards tough :P
I'm aware that it's Edwards in the video, The title kind of gives it away, :D
I just mentioned the Hayden one hoping someone would remember it

turbof1

Alright, I'm going to settle this. Let's be clear on this: no conspiracy theories AND no trolling & overreacting. This topic has a relative good reputation, try to keep it in that way.

I removed some posts. Next time I'm going psychopat on your *sses.
#AeroFrodo

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Seriously though..
.. the complete turn around - from implacable Honda domination..
.. to a rare Rossi win/Yam I-2, is surely worthy of comment?
As I remarked - for a young gun, Marky Mark - sure takes things in his stride.. ..put him on a Ducati..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

turbof1

J.A.W. wrote:Seriously though..
.. the complete turn around - from implacable Honda Domination to a rare Rossi win, is surely worthy of comment?
As I remarked - for a young gun, Marky Mark - sure takes things in his stride.. ..put him on a Ducati..
It's remarkable yes, but nothing like Honda holding performance back or something as silly as that. Yamaha just made a huge step on a circuit more suited for them; Honda on the other hand felt like it dominated so much that they stopped developing to move resources to next year's bike.
#AeroFrodo