2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
CBeck113
CBeck113

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

Writinglife wrote:
Richard wrote:oops - how did Alonso creep in there? Corrected.
Started the drinking early today? or still celebrating the end of the season?
Probably a Man City fan...
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

SectorOne

Jonnycraig wrote:Well as Ferrari have operated a 1 driver policy during the modern F1 era, the prospect of Hamilton going there as #2 to Vettel is a tad unlikely don't you think..
But they haven´t really though. An example is Kimi and Massa.
Took the championship then the next year Massa was on the run.

It wasn´t like they decided pre-season "ok Kimi you get 2007, Massa you get 2008"

And now with Kimi and Alonso both being number 1´s by the team then who´s number 2 is determined by the performances of the drivers themselves.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Writinglife
Writinglife

CBeck113 wrote:Probably a Man City fan...
Can I report this for being abusive? :twisted:

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

SectorOne wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:Well as Ferrari have operated a 1 driver policy during the modern F1 era, the prospect of Hamilton going there as #2 to Vettel is a tad unlikely don't you think..
But they haven´t really though. An example is Kimi and Massa.
Took the championship then the next year Massa was on the run.

It wasn´t like they decided pre-season "ok Kimi you get 2007, Massa you get 2008"

And now with Kimi and Alonso both being number 1´s by the team then who´s number 2 is determined by the performances of the drivers themselves.
You are exactly right, Raikonnen was #1 in 2007 & 2008. He was also ahead of Massa for over half of the season until his run of 4 races without scoring, whilst Massa picked up 23 points and the team had to throw their full weight behind him.

As for Raikonnen & Alonso, even the most naive person can't believe the 2014 season wasnt tailored to Alonso with Raikonnen signing up so late in the day.

As for original point, Hamilton to Ferrari in 2018 with Vettel riding his bike into the sunset? Perhaps. Before then? No chance, in my opinion.

CBeck113
CBeck113

Writinglife wrote:
CBeck113 wrote:Probably a Man City fan...
Can I report this for being abusive? :twisted:
No, I'm a Bayern fan :-D
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Phil

...unless Vettel (or both Vettel and Kimi) and Ferrari severly underperform so that again bigger changes will have to be made. Ferrari IMO are in a critical position; One can perhaps forgive the Scuderia for coming close in 2 years (2010 and 2012) over the past 5 years, but not when they are down in 4th among the midfield. 2015 will perhaps be a difficult year, but if things don't drastically improve by 2016, I can see them either scraping both their drivers eventually and/or leaving the sport.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Writinglife
Writinglife

CBeck113 wrote:No, I'm a Bayern fan :-D
That's a very brave admission of you, well done for having such courage to declare it in a public forum.

(yes, I know, derailing again, profuse apologies)

SectorOne

To expand on that list from Richard/wiki,

Code: Select all

Titles          Name                           Teams

5               Juan Manuel Fangio             Alfa Romeo   Mercedes   Ferrari   Maserati

7               Michael Schumacher             Benetton     Ferrari
4               Alain Prost                    Mclaren      Williams
3               Jack Brabham                   Cooper       Brabham
3               Jackie Stewart                 Matra        Tyrell
3               Niki Lauda                     Mclaren      Ferrari
3               Nelson Piquet                  Brabham      Williams
2               Graham Hill                    BRM          Lotus
2               Emerson Fittipaldi             Lotus        Mclaren
2               Lewis Hamilton                 Mclaren      Mercedes
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

WaikeCU

SectorOne wrote:To expand on that list from Richard/wiki,

Code: Select all

Titles          Name                           Teams

5               Juan Manuel Fangio             Alfa Romeo   Mercedes   Ferrari   Maserati

7               Michael Schumacher             Benetton     Ferrari
4               Alain Prost                    Mclaren      Williams
3               Jack Brabham                   Cooper       Brabham
3               Jackie Stewart                 Matra        Tyrell
3               Niki Lauda                     Mclaren      Ferrari
3               Nelson Piquet                  Brabham      Williams
2               Graham Hill                    BRM          Lotus
2               Emerson Fittipaldi             Lotus        Mclaren
2               Lewis Hamilton                 Mclaren      Mercedes
2 WDC's might not be a lot, but looking at Lewis' mentioning in that special list does make him legendary. Niki Lauda must've been very proud. I saw an emotional Lauda on Sunday. He just barely kept it dry.

SectorOne

Jonnycraig wrote:You are exactly right, Raikonnen was #1 in 2007 & 2008. He was also ahead of Massa for over half of the season until his run of 4 races without scoring, whilst Massa picked up 23 points and the team had to throw their full weight behind him.
They never threw any weight, Massa simply gathered more points, as you pointed out yourself, Kimi himself did not score points for 4 races. He made himself "nr2" that year.
Jonnycraig wrote:As for Raikonnen & Alonso, even the most naive person can't believe the 2014 season wasnt tailored to Alonso with Raikonnen signing up so late in the day.
Oh yea they really tailored that season for Alonso in so many ways.

Wait what?

Jonnycraig wrote:Before then? No chance, in my opinion.
Who knows, maybe Ferrari fancies competition among their drivers and Vettel actually stays on this time.

xDama
xDama

SectorOne wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:As for Raikonnen & Alonso, even the most naive person can't believe the 2014 season wasnt tailored to Alonso with Raikonnen signing up so late in the day.
Oh yea they really tailored that season for Alonso in so many ways.

Wait what?
He's talking about the car... And he's right I guess. By the time RAI could bring in some feedback/specs for the car, it was as good as finished. Not saying it was build for Alonso, but he had a lot more influence on the design/characteristics of the F14T, than RAI.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

PlatinumZealot

How do you explain Vettel's RB10 then? Vettel was de-factor number 1 for 5 years to give his input and lo and behold, the RB10 was not to his liking one bit. There is just too much variables for a formula 1 car under new regulations for the engineers to tailor a car to a given driver. I don't buy it. The car just came out a turd and only Alonso could reign it in .
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

CBeck113
CBeck113

So, Vergne's gone from TR:
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11411278502 ... rosso-exit

I hope he enjoyed his fight against Ric, I guess he really did know :-D

djos

CBeck113 wrote:So, Vergne's gone from TR:
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11411278502 ... rosso-exit

I hope he enjoyed his fight against Ric, I guess he really did know :-D
He was a good racer and prolly well suited to a formula in which Quallly is not too important, like the WEC.
"In downforce we trust"

SectorOne

Well done JEV, no need to be with a team that only want you there to help the other driver evolve.