favorite videos to introduce someone to F1?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
tuj
tuj

favorite videos to introduce someone to F1?

Hi all:

I'm introducing a group of newbies to F1 and aside from the technical side of things, I want to show them the excitement that can play out on-track. To that end, I'm looking for video clips of the most thrilling moments of F1 that are available on Youtube or other free sites. I've already got a couple great pitstop clips and some good onboards of defensive maneuvers.

I'd love to hear from you all what you think some of the best moments in F1 (captured on video) have been? Can be from any era... Please provide a link to the video. Thanks!

joseff

Re: favorite videos to introduce someone to F1?

mikeerfol

bdr529

2011 Canadian GP : It had it all,
and don't cheap out and only show them the highlights show them the whole race

tuj
tuj

Great guys, keep them coming! I need to limit this to just clips at this point, can't show a whole race.

Moose
Moose

Button and Hamilton's fight in turkey a few years ago, also Hamilton and Rosberg's fights in Bahrain last year.

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Making pit stop strategy work

Massa for World Champion

Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Nickel
Nickel

Blanchimont wrote:Making pit stop strategy work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMzJwW_NTKg
Great strategy and whatnot, but good god I don't miss those days. Clever strategy that, the shotgun call on the 4th stop timing, he almost had to pass a couple cars on track. :roll:
Almost half that video is of a parked car...

It's exciting in it's own way, but definitely not my cup of tea.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

strad

Why would you even consider that Rene vs Gilles video?
It is soooo far removed from modern F1.
Not sure what I would show but it would be something boring and devoid of excitement.
I have for years tried to turn people on to F1 only to have them ask why I would watch such a boring series.
F1 loses more appeal every year.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

SectorOne

If they want something modern, Bahrain GP from last year. Proper dogfight,
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

Or last 8 laps of 2013 british gp.

Moxie
Moxie

Prost pushing his car across the finish line.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Every aspect of F1 packed in a single man. This is F1. Senna. The best there was.
The Mclaren MP4/4. The very best most powerful F1 car ever. There will never be anything like
this again. Today's F1 is different. Awesome, but different.

But to show someone F1? this is F1 dead to the bones. There are many legends. There was only 1 Senna.

From the 1:50 minute mark it just becomes pure glory. Giving everything. The essense of human life;
to be the most and best at what you can do. Ayrton showed what one man can achieve. Ayrton to me,
was most special because he was not a 'god'. He was no saint. He was not perfect.
But he was the epitomy of the power that man has. In perfect harmony.

There are just a handfull of people I really look up to and admire. Senna is almost the very best.

I watched F1 not 'because' of Senna. I enjoyed Piquet, Mansell, etc. just as much back then. But,
Senna made me adore F1 and hooked me for life. Senna was so high above all those other amazing
drivers, it just became mystical. Legendary.

If this video doesn't make you :shock: then i don't know what could.
I get goosebumps of Senna blazing through Monaco or passing those 2 slow cars at qually every single time.
I can never stop admiring Senna. And this forum is loaded with people who think and feel the same.

You can have your primadonna footballers. You can have your drug-abusing tennis players. You can have your Cyclists.
Take your 2 wheeler toys.
I can't think of any single sport or human challenge as mesmerizing as F1 - back in the late 80's and early 90's.
And F1 still beats single-handedly any of those sports, on any given day. It always has, and it always will.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Nickel
Nickel

strad wrote:Why would you even consider that Rene vs Gilles video?
It is soooo far removed from modern F1.
Not sure what I would show but it would be something boring and devoid of excitement.
I have for years tried to turn people on to F1 only to have them ask why I would watch such a boring series.
F1 loses more appeal every year.
I recommend you give up watching, and especially posting on F1 if you fail to derive any enjoyment and think so poorly of it. You're in the (vocal) minority.