McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
djos

McLaren Livery

Manoah2u wrote:
doesn't it just?

I really like this direction, the black line between the white part and red part does a good job to distance itself from
Marlboro so they won't fall into some tobacco advertising arguments, as does the red continuation on the sidepod.

I feel like the 'tub' could get a red mclaren-swoosh rather then a red line on top, but i really really like this interpretation a whole lot.It looks classic without getting cheesy.

Now imagine Alonso's helmet in there or JB's normal blue-red helmet.
Even JB's pink helmet would look great poking out of that cockpit!
"In downforce we trust"

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Re: McLaren Livery

I don't think they'll use red and white; it wouldn't stand out next to ferrari enough. Rocket red, maybe, but not straight red.

I don't see a problem with white/rocket red resembling Marlboro as long as they don't use the chevron pattern. The chevron is really what elicits Marlboro, hence the "Ferrari" team logo.

If they do go with a white base, I think a nice touch would be to do a pearlescent/metallic white instead of regular flat white. Just to help set them apart from williams a bit. And it would look more like McLaren's production cars; most of them I see have really nice metallic/pearlescent paint. Pearl white with black and rocket red (or orange) highlights would look pretty awesome, I think. Just imagine last years car in pearl white instead of chrome. If I had any photoshop skills i'd give it a go, but sadly I do not.

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Manoah2u wrote:according to Mclaren, the car now will be all-black

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8MSmcsIUAEaTRo.jpg

:mrgreen:

Ha!
Between "All Black" & "McLaren swoosh" ( stylised Kiwi ) Seems it will be real McLaren New Zealand heritage stuff..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Redragon

If I was them I will used the old livery red-white marlboro, to bring history back but to provoke Marlboro to rethink their sponsorship with Ferrari and maybe bring a major sponsorship to Mclaren. Marlboro spend millions to make spectators associate their bar codes symbols with them. But with the old Mclaren, livery spectators associate it straight. And not european law can apply on them if not Marlboro is on display. That would be an easy marketing for Marlboro.

KeiKo403
KeiKo403

Redragon wrote:If I was them I will used the old livery red-white marlboro, to bring history back but to provoke Marlboro to rethink their sponsorship with Ferrari and maybe bring a major sponsorship to Mclaren. Marlboro spend millions to make spectators associate their bar codes symbols with them. But with the old Mclaren, livery spectators associate it straight. And not european law can apply on them if not Marlboro is on display. That would be an easy marketing for Marlboro.
If they was to do that and cause Marlboro to rethink the Ferrari millions then they'd be best of just quitting altogether. If McLaren run the "marlboro" livery without Marlboro sponsorship then Marlboro win. Free advertising from a heratige livery. Would McLaren then change their livery again because it didn't intice Marlboro back?

turbof1

They aren't allowed to have tobacco advertising on the cars. A few years back, I believe in 2011, Ferrari had to alter it's livery to have a less suggestive one (which didn't help at all). It'll always be altered, if they intend going back to those colors.
#AeroFrodo

Vary
Vary

djos wrote:
Vary wrote:Only to me the "red" on Twitter images seems orange?
You must be viewing it on an android device with the default over-saturated color settings on. White usually looks blue and skin usually looks Orange on those things.
i'm really sorry, but i viewed it the first time on an ipad, and also viewing it on a pc or on my android phone the result is always the same: orange. (i'm not daltonic)

adrianjordan

Manoah2u wrote:
djos wrote:
Now that looks amazing!
doesn't it just?

I really like this direction, the black line between the white part and red part does a good job to distance itself from
Marlboro so they won't fall into some tobacco advertising arguments, as does the red continuation on the sidepod.

I feel like the 'tub' could get a red mclaren-swoosh rather then a red line on top, but i really really like this interpretation a whole lot.It looks classic without getting cheesy.

Now imagine Alonso's helmet in there or JB's normal blue-red helmet.
I've been wondering whether Alonso might be getting a primarily yellow helmet design this year....yellow helmet in a red and white Mclaren Honda....Oooo....goose-bumps!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

mikeerfol

turbof1

You do know Mclaren is trying to mess with you guys right?
#AeroFrodo

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

:mrgreen: we know,

we're just taking it as sweet candy because we're getting crazy on the wait :mrgreen:

must.see.car!!!!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

KingHamilton01

Orange test livery and then white, red, black livery! Let's hope they nail it!
McLaren Mercedes

PlatinumZealot

This is ferrari, just the red was swapped with white and the black swapped with red.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Richard
Richard

"Interesting day". That's nice, I guess someone showed him around and told him where to find the toilets.

Perhaps he also had his 3 hour induction on the OCD rules about how not to leave fingerprints on the shiny floors/doors/windows .... and never touch the cars or you'll be fired even if you're name is Mansour Ojjeh.

(they whisper that last rule to make sure you really listen hard at that point)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:
This is ferrari, just the red was swapped with white and the black swapped with red.
and so?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"